Help with port noise Rovin or sum1.....

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 168
Sup i cant get rid of my port noise. Ive tried to even out the shape of the ends of the port but still theres an annoying port noise. My port is 3" by 6.5". Should i put a 4" wide pvc port instead of my 3" pvc port? If i should how long does the port have to be? Thanx guys....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7166
i can honestly say no pvc boxes i made has ever had port noise

" shape of the ends of the port" - u meant u sand papered the edges round/smooth ?

u could prolly try 4" but it will be considerably longer & u will have 2 put an elbow on the pipe inside the box 4 it 2 fit .......

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 171
Yes i sand papered the edges round and as smooth as i could. Do you know around how much longer i would have to make it if i put a 4" port? Rovin since nobody seems to be in the amp section right now can you answer my ? about voltage? Optidriven said i could get about 923 watts rms out of that lanzar amp at 14 volts i dont know any thing about voltage or what he is talking about but i think my car batterys voltage is 12 volts so is that what hes talking about? Will i not get as much power out of it with my car battery? Sorry so long but thanx for all your help Rovin.......

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 172
Rovin would you know what cuft of volume would be best for each chamber for my 12" kicker cvr's and what to tune the port to? Thanx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 173
im probably wrong my car battery is probably 14 volts my bad.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7168
u will have 2 consult the spec sheet of that sub cause i cant say much about it

www.the12volt.com has pvc calculators

about that other technical stuff i'm not versed in it as those other guys .......

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 174
It cool man youve helped me alot with other stuff so thanx. If they said it for surely puts out about 923 watts rms it would be a good match for my kicker cvrs if their rated at 400 rms right? Is their a possibility that i could put my 2 12" dual 2 ohm cvrs to make a 4 ohm load? Thank you very much.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7169
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 175
so is the answer no? It doesnt show. Can i put it to a 8 ohm load and get the same power than a 4 ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 731
for my comp vr's my box is tuned to 32 hz. with pvc port.i think the box is like32 across, 16 high and 16 depth, or sumthin.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 176
what if i put 1 of my cvr 2ohm subs in 1 load and the other in 4ohm and put in series that will make a 5 ohm load right? Then could i put out that 923 watts rms even if thats not a 4 ohm load on the amp but instead a 5 ohm load will it work? Will there be less power to them? Thanx.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 735
if the amp put out the power @ 8 ohms.... i would go up that high. just get 2 dual 4 ohm subs and wire it to a 4 ohm or 1 ohm load.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 736
yes it would. you dont want to get into changes impedences on two diff subs. things can go wrong. the amp will be working in ways that its not supposed to, trying to handle a 1 and 4 ohm load.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7171
ya i too wouldnt try something like that cause i do stuff by the book but thats just IMO .......

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3520
i've never heard port noise. what kinda sound does it make? is it like a whistling sound or something

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 738
yea. from what i have heard it is a whisling type sound. you could imagine how annoying that would be
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us