Battery Help Please.

Bronze Member
Username: Illwill577

Post Number: 29
aight before im setting my system up im trying to get everything 1st off. i have 2 15" l7 kickers with a kx2500.1. i have a 300 HO alt and all my wiring is top of the line 0gauge. last but not least im trying to replace my stock battery and throw a battery in the trunk so i can run my system for a little bit when my car if off. im trying to run a non isolated setup. i was told to do that i needed the 2 same battery types up front and in the trunk. is that true? one last question. i read this article on http://www.betteraudio.com/geolemon/newmain/battcapalt/ and it said to stay away from deep cycles. i was planning on it anyway. im trying to find the best battery to put up front and in the bank. i was thinking about the STINGER SP1000 POWER2 DRY CELL battery its http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STINGER-SP1000-POWER2-DRY-CELL-CAR-AUDIO-BATTERY- NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33574QQitemZ8050452286QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW . alls i need to know is if i can buy 2 of these. throw one in the back and one in the front and will my car run fine and be set up nicely? thanks alot will

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11483
http://www.bcae1.com/battiso.htm

I wouldn't run without an isolator myself, and I'd use a gel cell deep cycle in the back, like a kinetik or odyssey.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
do u have any good links for kinetik or odyssey batteries. what battery should i run up front?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11492
www.kinetikaudio.com
they have a calculator there

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
so i should run a kinetik audio amp in the back in the trunk or in the front? OR could i run one as my starter. i jus need help on the setup i need any suggestions. im jus tryin to replace my stock batt and throw a battery in the trunk for the subs when the car is off. i need suggestions what type of battery for front and back if i need isolators or if i could run a non isolated setup. any suggestions. i got 300 ho amp from iraggi. all my wiring is good powering 2 kicker 15" L7S with a kx2500. any suggestions on my batterys would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3461
Go with a regular battery as your stock battery. Somthing simple like sears diehard or interstate batteries or optima redtop if you want to spend more for somthing that will last longer.

Get a kinetik or stinger for the back and thats it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
alright thanks should i isolate that or how would i go about setting that up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
also is it ok to have a bigger battery that puts out more amps in the back than the front because i was thinking about getting that kinetik batterry for the back and that would be more amps putting out than the front battery

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
alright someone let me know if this will be a good setup

i get a OPTIMA RED TOP under the hood for my starter battery the specs for the battery im getting are POWER:

CCA (BCI 0°F): 800 amps

CA (BCI 32°F): 980 amps

then for the battery in my trunk i get a Kinetik HC 1800
it throws out AMPS: 1900 and the CA: is 1350.

i have a 300A HO alternator

then i isolate the batteries with a hellroaring isolator BIC-95300A which is Up to 300 amps of auxiliary cranking power. all my wiring is 0 gauge and i will have the whole setup wiried with 300a fuses. can anyone give me any suggestions or is this a good setup. i have money to send i need some suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us