Does stereo input voltage affect amplifier output? bass quality?

Bronze Member
Username: Quick_94gt

Post Number: 12
I i have a Pioneer avh-p5700dvd, type r 5x7's, 2 type r 12's a directed 1100d and a directed 250/4, well ever since i switched over to the pioneer avh-p5700dvd from my old avh-p6600dvd i noticed that the bass isn't as "clean" as it used to be with the other head unit, all amp settings are the same but the older pioneer had 4 volt pre-outs and the new one has 2 volt, is it the input voltage or the lower model head unit itself??? Im new to this stuff so i rely on your responses to figure all this stuff out, thanks, by the way my alpine iva-D300 is on the way ( which is also 2 volt :-( ) should it make a difference?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 999
higher voltage preouts will give clearer sound because it gives a stronger more powerful signal i believe

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 930
yeah, i think that a higher voltage output has less distorion, but can you tell that big of a difference? you will need to turn your amp gains up to compensate for the lower input voltage.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11489
input sensitivity needs to be readjusted on the amplifiers for the change in line voltage.
Signal processing in the head unit can also be a factor, even within the same brand using two different models.

4 volt pre-outs will give a cleaner, better signal resolution than 2 volt pre-outs, but the difference shouldn't be that significant or audible.

Username: Car1

Post Number: 2
im in the motion of installing my 4 channel amp, ive got it all done in the bak of the HU, ive got one set of RCA leads comming for that into 2 sets of y leads in the amp, i keep getting a buzzing noise over the sound.... HELP!!!

Username: Car1

Post Number: 3
im in the motion of installing my 4 channel amp, ive got it all done in the bak of the HU, ive got one set of RCA leads comming for that into 2 sets of y leads in the amp, i keep getting a buzzing noise over the sound.... CAN SUM1 HELP!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us