TCAB boxes?

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 76
what makes them so good? how much better are they?what is a price range for one?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2664
IMO, they are nothing more than what i would call a 'well built' box. Anyone w/ some box building expirience can build a box that is just as good. They are nice boxes, but a good box builder can build just as good a box.

I have seen their prices for a 2 12" box range from $300-$375. (1 15" was ~$300)

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1577
hey marshall which do you think is the better box, tcab or snailshell.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2666
w/ those choices...i would go w/ the TCAB.

i have hear way too many shady things from powered4sound/nolte audio.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1578
you have, hmmmm they talk about them on other forums like their gods gift to subwoofer enclousers, i allways thought they were good, and my frind has them and they are awsome, but i would rather spend $50 and build my own than spend $300+ for some "super" box.LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 94
i can make u a dual 12 for like $150 + shippin thats everything 2

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2668
yea...if you know how to build a good box, you can build one just as good as a TCAB for $50. (literally)

in all their videos on the site they show subs doing 150's and people are amazed by that...but in reality those subs are seeing alot of power and the boxes are peaking near the vehicles resonance freq.

for example, the vid w/ the type-r 15" doing 150.7dB...that sub is on a hifonics colossus seing ~1500w after box rise. Dont get me wrong...thats a dam nice #, but when u see that the sub is actually seeing 1500w!!!...that puts things in perspective. (also, you have to realize that just becuase you have an amp CAN produce 1500wrms @ 1ohm doesnt mean your amp will actually give the sub that much power...you have to take into account the box rise)

i know quite a few people doing 150+ w/ ~900w on burp! (ex: laycan lobel---151.6db...2 SX12's wired to .175ohm DCR on a power acoustik PA3000db!)

yes, TCAB boxes are pretty nice...but they are not gods gift to car audio.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
hey marshall just got done rebuilting that box for the 10 sx i rebuild that box 3 times from single 12 with 2 4inch pvc ports 2 single 12 with a slot port an now its been rebuild again for 1 10 sx 3x11.5x29 port tuned around 32hz ho0kd it up 2 my house system with about 150w @ 4ohms an it sounds great an clean as h3ll my boi just orderd the re 12.1 an iam goin 2 test it out in the fire bird when it comes its goin 2 b sick lol

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 637
what can i do to make my box as good? i already have 4-4" aeros on the way, what else is there?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2670
Custom,

that box is 2.6cuft (net)??? dam...thats pretty big for one SX10. That dam near big enough for a pair.

SX's can get dam loud.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2671
terry...it all depends on your vehicle. you have to build the box to take advantage of your vehicles acoustics.

Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 9
vehicle acoustics being...?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
i no right u think thats big check this 1 out i made for my friend its big enough 2 fit 2 10 sx in it 1st 1 is the rebuilt 1 its kinda sh1ty but pounds

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 638
yea how do i figru my acustics?

and round corners is better no matter what thou right? better flow?

Silver Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 109
whats box rise?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2672
actually no...sometimes you can loose SPL by going to rounded corners. it all depends on the vehicle and your situation.

playing w/ the way your vehicle 'loads' of pressures helps you get louder.

ex:
-subs up ports back in a CRX,
-sub and port up in an ext cab truck...port on divers side sub on passengers.

depending on your vehicle, different boxes will work different ways.

what vehicle do you have?

cory...there is a big thread on this board about box rise...it explains everything you would wanna know, use the search button.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 639
i have an 89 accord sedan LXi

i never tried pointing the sub up because i didnt have a box that would do it

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2673
usually trunk cars dont like the sub to be fired up.

try port firing to the dirvers side wall, sub firing back. (or forward...you will have to play w/ it)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2677
usually trunk cars dont like the sub to be fired up.

try port firing to the dirvers side wall, sub firing back. (or forward...you will have to play w/ it)

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 641
firing back is definatly louder, my delema is that i can only fit a box that is 16.25"h x 31" wide x 23" deep if i am going to fire it back. i dont know how else i could fit a bigger box unless i build it in the trunk, and i dont really know how to go about doing that

what if i fired the ports straight back

or could i just make the face where the sub goes 16 or 17" tthen have it drop off so it will fit in my trunk?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 708
I have my R's fireing up right now because I let a friend cut the pieces so of corse its not the right height I wanted the whole box height to be 17' and it is 19.5" so it doesnt fit right in my trunk.
Altough I had them rear fireing before But I couldnt get to my amp and it sounded really good but they were not tucked away and I hated not being able to tweak my amp.

I am hopefuly going to get a chance to build this box this weekend. I am not going to install it untill I get everything perfect though.I dont even have my current Sealed box carpeted.

Upload

Hopefully ports will give me a little deeper bass.

Silver Member

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 647
i just though about it and i bet i could get the few more inces i need if i take some pices off my trunk or slide out the floor till i get it in

im gonna face the sub toward the rear but which way should i do the ports? frontwards? back? to the side?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us