L7 With New Kicker ZX1000.1

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 187
Would this work ok together I know the L7 has 750 rms and the amp has 1000 rms so I was wondering if this could blow the sub or would it sound ok together. And couldn't I just like have the settings set pretty low since its a more powerful amp then the sub or would it matter. Could I get some advice plz.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2663
those amps are underrated, they bench at ~1200w ...i would go w/ the zx750.1 w/ 1 L7.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 188
yea i was thinking that but i just bought the zx1000.1 on ebay an hour ago. Plus I might eventully end up getting another L7 in the future thats why i was wondering would it be ok for 1 L7 if i just dont like turn all the settings all the way up or does that matter.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2665
what voice coil does your have?

you could get a DVC 2ohm L7 and run the amp at 4ohms...then when you get another L7 you could run it at 2ohms.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 189
Right now I got a DVC 4ohm L7, but would this amp be ok for the sub if i have the settings set like in the middle or sumthing or does that matter at all.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 695
thats weird that they all do their highest rms at 2 ohm. are they even 1 ohm stable?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 190
I know they're not 1 Ohm stable but I heard my friends zx750.1 and it sounded amazing so thats why i ordered the zx1000.1 so its even more powerful

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1580
i don't think the new kicker amps are 1ohm stable, i know the old kx and sx 1200's were but those are the only kicker amps i know of.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 191
but yea anyways back to the first question since I didn't really get an answer yet. Would this kicker zx1000.1 be ok with my 1 Kicker L7 even tho i know the L7 has 750rm and the kicker has 1000rms but is benched at 1200. So im wondering if i dont have everything set to high would this work alright?? any help plz so I know

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1581
it would work, but don't be surprised if you blow the l7 apart, l7's have a high failure rate, and overpowering them that much won't help any, and you have the wrong vc config. to hook up 2 subs to that amp.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 192
yea i know i have the wrong dvc cuz i wasnt thinking about getting 2 subs at first but since the amp is powerful i thought of getting 2 now. But im just saying for now since I only got 1 sub this setup hopefully will work ok if I don't turn the settings up all crazy, am i correct?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2669
yea...you can run that sub on that amp, you just will be taking a chance of smokin the sub :-)

dont be a volume monkey and you should be ok.

if you smoke that sub...go w/ a pair of DVC 2ohms later.

Bronze Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 30
u should be ok i ran my l5 off my kx1200 and didnt blow i sold it 2 a friend and he runs it off a memphis 1000d and it was a d2 12

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 193
Alright so if ur L5 could handle 1200 then i guess my L7 should really have no problem.

Username: Groundshaka07

Post Number: 3
Idk if this helps, but i have 2 15" L5's and a hifonics amp tahts 1200w. sound is incredible.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 194
Yeah but I have 1 L7 not 2 and the amp is 1000rms but benched at 1200 so I was just wondering is this gona blow my sub or will it be alright. Its the brand new 2006 L7 so idk if that helps or not.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us