Kicker SOLO X 12" Vs. W7

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 94
how much of a diffrence in SPL is there between these subs?

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 434
I'd buy the w7...but i'm guessing the solo x would be quite a bit louder powered and installed right....i'm just not a fan of square subs lol

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6413
w7's are not spl subs and solo's are so the solo's should be louder if both are install correct

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5892
In a SQL install, which would be you wanting to get loud AND sound good, the W7 is the winner. It has more linear excursion than a Solo-X does, and performs better in enclosures that are designed to do so (sealed, low tuned ported boxes). In that application, the W7 would usually get louder and sound much better. In that application a Solo-X is an extremely inefficient sub that sounds horrible.

In a dedicated SPL install, with substantial power (read: high tuned ported or bandpass enclosure, with lots and lots of power for burps), the Solo-X has more potential because it is inclined for this.

Bronze Member
Username: Pasqual1320

Post Number: 62
i think the w7's are great subs but a little pricy solos are much better ( i am a fan of squares ) I wish i could afford them i got a re sx 15 in my trunk i like it alot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us