Deh-p860mp or deh-p960mp???

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 38
wich would b better? at first i thought the 960 would b coolest but i hear that thers problems w/ sum of the slide cover thing that comes down and a freind of mine had a player like that of diff. make adn the motor broke that brought it down or we/e. anybody hav any opinions bout this?

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 299
I was looking at the exact same two when I was shopping for a new H/U about a year ago.

From what I can tell on Pioneer web site they are almost exactly the same, and it is hard to tell from the pics but it looks like on the 960, more of the face slides out when you eject a cd, or maybe the thing has angle adjustments, I am not sure.

I was not concerned about that and I went with the 860 because the grey color matches my dash.

I have been very happy with it and it does a lot more stuff than I could ever use. The only real complaint I would have is that it does not have the "RDS" radio data that can decode what your local FM station is broadcasting. ( for example instead of saying 99.1 it may say "99 Rock" and perhaps the song title playing, etc)

Neither of these have that feature, however and most aftermarkets don't for some reason.

So, in my case it was purely a matter of cosmetics, if you check out Pioneer and compare the two side by side the specs are the same.

For me it was an easy choice, silver or grey?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6726
I would go 860, i have heard alot of things about the 960 having a problem with the slide cover. 860

Bronze Member
Username: Bigsim

Post Number: 48
Have a look at the p780mp, they've finally started to appear on ebay and around the place. Similar price and features, and they're real pretty.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7562
between 860/960 there r ONLY 3 differences - go 2 pioneer's website & do a side by side comparison .

not really worth 100 bux more 4 the 960 so i went with the 860 & happy with its performance .....

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbass

Long beach, California United state

Post Number: 39
guys if your into pioneer and want for the best, try japan version carrozerria because they focus in building on features and sq with built in dsp lps high pass cross over and othrsUpload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us