Kicker cvx 15

Username: Mr_juicetin

Post Number: 3
anybody know if the cvx's are everything that the website claims they are? or would i just be better off getting 2 cvr's. right now i can only afford 1 cvx though, so 1 cvx or 2 cvr's

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 202
i recommend u getting a cvx and build a really good ported box for it.

Bronze Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 37
Get two CVRs.. you'll get more cone space with two CVRs and for that reason there will be more sound.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1199
^^^just becuz theres more cone area doesnt mean itll be louder.

they will both be about the same loudness and sq

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 490
more surface area means it will move more air therefore more slp

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1200
2 12" sony xplods have more cone area than a 12w7. dosnt mean theyll be louder

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 491
those subs arnt even in the same class. and they dont have the same wattage either

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3505
the cvx gets loud. much loud then the cvrs

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1202
hes comparing 2 cvrs to 1 CVX. u know, the new one. not 2 cvrs to 1 cvr bassfish

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3507
oops my bad. i though i read 2 cvx.

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 38
I guess I came off wrong, what I meant to type, and obviously didn't, was that two 15" subs will push the equivalent of 30" of air, where as one will only push 15" of air.
Regardless of the SQ from the cvx, you will get more bass response from 2 - 15" subs.

Sony isn't comparable, but, if you took 2 12" sony xplods and put them in your trunk, and the guy next to you had one 12" kicker comp in his trunk, the xplods would be pushing more air.

The only reason, back to the kickers, is because the subs are comparable in wattage, he was looking at one cvx or two cvrs, look at the wattage, it would be exactly the same either way.. one 15" cvx is 2000 watts max, two 15" cvrs are 2000 watts max ( together )

So, in conclusion.. the wattage is the same, with 2 15" subs of equal power(as 1-15"cvx) and integrity you get more cone space.

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1213
yea but excursion and cone area also matters when u move air. like the new xxx has a big a.ss excursion and its cones not that small. so 1 12" xxx will probly move more air than 2 12" sony xplods

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 617
....and don't compare max power ratings EVER

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 41
I wasn't comparing the Sony Xplods to anything other than a single Kicker COMP.

I'm not new to the audio industry, I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the two subs that were specified in this thread.. The two subs are very comparable on many levels.

There are minor differences between the subs specified. I have owned, and installed, everything between COMP to L7. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to these subs.

You may choose not to take my advice, and nit-pick at what I do and/or don't type, and that's your decision to make.

I'm only comparing my experience on these subs for someone who obviously has no idea about either of them.

Comparing the max ratings of an amp could be a problem, however, we're talking about subs. They are made to handle a max number of watts. They, for the most part, live up to that set potential.

Kicker CVr:

RMS Rating 500 watts ( Per Speaker, 1000 watts RMS total between two )

MAX Rating 1000 watts ( Per Speaker, 2000 watts MAX total between two )

--

Kicker CVx:

RMS Rating 1000 watts ( For One Speaker, 1000 watts total RMS )

MAX Rating 2000 watts ( For One Speaker, 2000 watts total MAX )

Again, choose whichever you think is best, but my experience is that the CVx is a waste and 2 15" CVr's will sound just as good.

Another thing I might add is that after trying basically the entire Kicker line last year ( minus Solo-X ) I resorted to two (2) Kicker COMPS using Hifonics Titan TX1005D, and though they may not blow my trunk lid open, they pound hard enough to knock items off of the shelf in my garage.

You should definately listen to each sub indivually before deciding which to go with, therefor, by from someone with a warranty.. so you can swap for a different make if you don't like what you've purchased. ( most retail stores will do this for you ).

Good luck,

Ciao :-)

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1215
even if were talking about subs. MAX rms still doesnt really matter

Bronze Member

United States

Post Number: 42
My statement about RMS and MAX wattage only proves that the wattage isn't different between 1 CVx and 2 CVr 15"s.

The sound quality, from my personal experience, is not much different between the two subs.

I have given my opinion, from ( again ) personal experience. There is no way to argue with personal experience, you can argue with specs on the subs, but not my personal experience :-)

Again, buy the sub you feel comfortable with, get a warranty, and if you don't like it, trade up.

Good luck with your purchase

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 158
u can get 2 cvr 12s for like $150 on ebay thats like 4 cvrs for the price of 1 cvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us