This setup will hit over 150db in any car??

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 490
Check out what this guy says http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-CVX-Car-Audio-System-EXTREMELY-LOUD-LOW-RESERVE_W0QQi temZ9707400076QQcategoryZ32822QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 587
I like that set-up, just don't think it will hit 150

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2658
---de-de-dee---

i love it when people throw out SPL #'s and they have no idea how loud 150db really is :-)

...though i will say this, that system is worth the $1100 he is asking. In a good box, i could see that equipment doing 150dB...but not in that ~4cuft box he has.

Silver Member

Post Number: 491
How much airspace should those 2 15" CVX's need marshall?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1472
guy lives like 15 minutes from me.

I'd buy it, but my systems better and i could get all that stuff brand new for less then $1000 :-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2660
i wouldnt go any smaller than 3cuft per sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 492
so your saying that 2 15" CVXs could be able to hit around 150db in the right setup?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 393
HEY JEFF GO CHECK IT OUT!!!!! tell us what you think.. hed prolly be like oh Sh@t if you showed up with a meter.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 348
that thing will not reach 150 DB's man, you think that you open your trunk and get 150 jajaja NO! that's very loud, you need some electrical upgrades and bigger amps, he's just running a 1600w system and he thinks he's god, it's nice but i'm sorry, it will not reach 150 DB's

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2662
actually...w/ those amps and subs, 150dB is possible. (just prolly not in the box he has)

Those zx750.1 bench at ~900-950wrms @ 2ohms.

w/ an SPL enclosure (one note wonder) you could do ~150dB in dam near any vehicle. It's all about the install. I mean dam man...i'm going 148's w/ 1 15 and 1200w on a stock batt. w/ time and testing, it can be done.

also w/ a ~7-9cuft box for daily tuned in the ~32hz range...they would be pretty dam nice for daily drivin.

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 35
those wont hit 150! you know how hard it takes to hit 150? lots and lots of power and a couple big amplifiers and some really good dual voice subs. those look like the kickers low end subs single voice subs kicker comps. Id say he hit closer to 140 which is still alot of bass! I had those 2 exact same subs in sealed and hit 132db lol not bad for sealed.ported would be 140 range or close.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2667
yea...i know how hard it is to get 150db. thats why i said "w/ an SPL enclosure (one note wonder) you could do ~150dB"

but in a daily box tuned low......no

that setup in that vehicle prolly does do low 140's. But in the right install, 150db can be done w/ that equipment. (different box)

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 111
andy those are way nicer than the ones you are thinking of those cvx would blow the ones your thinking of out of the water
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us