Damn Rearview Need some ideas.

Silver Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 115
Ever since i got my new amp my rearview gets jacked up. I can stand the rattling, but every time the beat hits the damn thing wont stay in the right spot. It always falls to the lowest position and I cant see anything but my arm. Any suggestions? Its not falling off of the windshield but just wont stay put.

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 61
you could...
A( turn the music up louder until you can't see anything!!!!!!
or
B( try duct taping or apoxying your mirror to the right position. if you want a better looking approach then you could try to brace it to your window.

B might me more practical

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 24
You could just rip it off. That's what I did. In NC you only have to have side mirrors OR rear view (that's what I was told when I asked a couple of officers areound town).

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
well i cant see anything cuz it falls all the way down. I need a rearview. i just dont know what to do cuz the truck is only like 2 years old and i dont want it all ghetto. yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
ima go put some silicon on it and see if that holds. It should cause its really flexible.

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 25
I think it looks better WITHOUT the rearview. Just make sure to clean off all of the glue left on your window. Don't know if you want to set it one place though, if someone else drives it and changes the position and messes it up or anything. If I think of something I'll repost

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Ight thanks. Thats my last resort is to take it off.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7083
see if there is a tensioning screw @ the back of it - tighten it firmly .....

Username: Sino

Post Number: 3
Eyyo.....this whole BEATZ thing came FROM the ghetto, man. "don't want it looking all ghetto"......appreciate it, man. I would just take some clay or gum or toothpick piece, playing card fragments, or something un-noticable to the ball joint and wedge it in there with a blade or something-on the real.....don't mean to sound all "ghetto" or anything.

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1245
take some yarn and wrap it tightly where it is flexible. If that don't work remove the mirror then reattach it using some glue. That should work. It worked for me

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 702
It has nothing to do with the mound but the swivel ball. I have the same problem, one of those heavy @ss mirrors with the auto shading and temp/compass. I have learned to live with it but it also make a high pitch FLAPPING noise that is agravating me to death, lol. Polo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
yeh polo. But im pretty sure that putting duct tape on anything to try to fix it is ghetto no offense.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 911
I have the same exact problem. If you guys get a non-ghetto solution let me know. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Blair

Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Post Number: 28
I have a pretty decent solution that worked for me:

Take the mirror off and drill 2 x 5mm (~1/5") holes at equal distances apart (to look even and neat) on the back of the mirror. Get some sikaflex and fill the cavity up as much as you can. Place 2 flat plugs, same color as the mirror, into the holes. Let it dry and then screw it back on.

Hope this helps

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 577
can you take picture of what you are talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 706
Sh!t MF's, you gonna make me remove my mirror to find a solution aren't you? Mannn that drink kickin in good! BRB...

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Matt,

Ill take a pic when I get home tonight and post it in the morning

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Matt, this is what im talking about...drill 2 holes and fill the cavity and put 2 plugs in place..

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
what is the slikaflex? and where do you get it? and the plugs also?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7124
do what i told u guys above .......

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 567
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Just go to any auto upholstery place to find some some plugs, they are merely there to cover the holes. Sikaflex is just like silicon. It is a flexible glue/sealant. Available from any hardware store.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us