Repositioning the rear speakers.....hmmm

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 76
Hey all. I have a 98 neon and to be honest, it sounds pretty decent. I just have one problem, the rear speakers are to far back (mind you its a small car, but im used to driving a truck and having everything closer to me.) I was thinking of one of two things.

Plan 1:
Making two 6x9 (or buying them w/e is simpler at the time) and putting them on top of the back or possibly mounting them near the doors in the rear so they are almost right behind me. I think this would be good simply because I could hear them a bit better, but I think I would lose some bass from them. From what I hear is that the trunk acts like a big box and gives plenty of airflow for the lows. From what I can tell from the boxes, is that theres a lot less airflow, so obviously a probable loss of bass.

Plan 2: Keeping the speakers where they are, and just cutting out our cardboard rugged back dash so to speak and just cover them with the grills that came with it. I believe that this is actually muffling out some of the quality of the sound, so in essence, they would sound better.

What do you all think? Thanks!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us