Question regarding how many speakers on a cd player....hmmm

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 74
Hey all, I have a Pioneer 2800mp pushing out 22watts rms x 4 (55watts peak power x 4) I have 6 speakers in my car. I have the two stock 3.5 in the top of the dash , 2 6 1/2 memphis audio in the front, and 2 6x9 alpine type r's in the rear.

My question is this. When I hooked up the speakers to the cd player there is no "extra" set of wires for the 3.5s in the dash. I have front lef front right rear left rear right. Ok, simple enough, but I have all 6 speakers pushing out power. The two 6 1/2s sound very weak compared to what they are supposed to be, and im wondering if its because of how the car was wired? Im tempted to unhook the 3.5 and see if the fronts get more power (rear gets plenty of power and sound exactly like they should.) If this happens to be the case (unplugging the 3.5's and getting more power to the 6 1/2) is there a way to re-hook up those 3.5's and still get pull power to ALL speakers?

Thanks all!

Username: Makmillion

Post Number: 1
Run the two front sets at 8ohms per pair.

This will allow the deck to push the proper wattage to your speakers without "overloading" it's internal mosfet amp.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1845
run a 4channel amp, or run a small 2channel on the 6x9 and 6.5 and run 3.5 to radio
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us