What to do?

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 58
with my subwoofers i can turn them up really loud but then i cant hear anything else. the door speakers that are bose get distorted at high volumes. shoud i get an amp to power up these speakers, or amp like two 6x9's in a box sitting on the rear deck of my car, or any other suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 169
imo bose stock speakers aren't really the greatest, only better than regular factory speakers.

if i was you i would replace the stock speakers and get a good 4 channel amp to push them.

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 37
Cheeky answer...turn down the bass. :-)

More useful answer...I'd agree on getting some good comps (Diamond, JL, Infinity, CDT etc. depending on what sounds good to you) in the front stage and running them off a good amp... so as to balance out the extreme SPL of the subs... but I mean you have to realise there is only so much the front stage can cope with if you are getting like 145+ dB from the subs.

I'm sure others may have suggestions as well but if you get some good components being pushed with 200+ watts or so... that should be plenty enough to cause some hearing damage if played at high volumes...if you still can't hear the comps then it's likely time to just turn the subs down and enjoy at a more reasonable level.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us