Pioneer 4800 cant figure out aux input?

Bronze Member
Username: Slaya

Post Number: 26
edited..

Hey, I just put a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP in my car, and I cant figure out the Aux input?

The head unit has one 3.5m stereo plug as the aux input.

If I put the stereo wire from the head unit to my mp3 player(ive tried a few different mp3 players) nothing happens, the head unit acts as if nothing happened. the manual said it should automaticly detect AUX but it doesnt, and I cant go to AUX through source either... is it defective or something?

thanks.

thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2813
Are you sure the headphone jack isn't for a wired remote? I believe most Pioneer head units require the CD-RB10 which hooks up to the cd changer input and converts that into RCA-in jacks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
No, there are 2 jacks. One is for the wired remote and the other is for Aux input. I am 100% sure on this.

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 28
I have the 5800 which doesn't have AUX in and when I used the PIE PIO/P-RCA Adapter it picked it up fine when I switched to AUX. I know on my old 4600 I had to go to the menu and turn AUX on but if it says it should auto recognize, then it should and if it won't even let you switch to AUX by pushing on the volume nob, then I'd say there might be a problem.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1864
you have to go into funct, turn on the aux most likely. it has aux 1 and 2...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Yea, I had to turn on the AUX from the - turn off, hold src - method.. thanks a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us