Subs that beat the W7

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 87
Ive heard quite a few mediocre subs and a few higher end ones, none of which really stack up against the W7. I was wondering which subs you guys think would beat the W7 in performance to the listener, not in numbers.

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 49
the new XXX i assume. for the same money you would probably be happier with something like 2 treo ssi's or 2 Diamond Audio TDX12D4.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1565
Eclipse Ti, RE SX, RE XXX.

The Diamond Audio TDX's are pretty good too, but require more power than the Eclipse Ti.

(Personally, I'd go for Eclipse Ti)

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 307
i personally think you cant just say all those sound better because jl w7 has a distinct sound and it really all depends on what the listener thinks

and personaly i heard a ti vs the w7 the other day and the w7 was clearly better mabe it was the box or the surounding but i liked the jl better

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 819
the JL W7 doesnt even sound that good...the W6 beats it by alot in SQ.

thats just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2218
the w6 has more sq, the w7 has more output.. :-)
pair of Treo SSIs.... "priceless"

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 547
B and jake are right on the W6 and W7, but there are too many to name that actually have better SQ than the W7. As far as performers that stack up to the W7 or beat it overall, the Rl-p, AE Ava, SX are all good performers but the Stereo Integrity Mag 12 or 15 takes the cake and then some. I 100% say the Mag is better than the W7.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 992
your lovin those subs eh?

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 822
ive never heard a stereo integrity mag can you send me some info on them?

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1160
i think wut he means is whats better in sql than the w7 since its a sql sub. not just what beats it in spl or sq.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 90
yaya i like bass that shakes your body....and windows..etc.. ^_^

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2337
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/768492/5

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 38
My 2 cents...I've read a crapload of opinions on probably 50+ car audio sites/forums...(ya I over research everything compulsively) and JL W7's are almost always mentioned when it comes to the best subs for SQL.

They are arguably THE sub to beat in SQL... basically just because they are so widespread and available and are easy to get a chance to listen to. Their biggest knock is the price and whether there are subs that do as well as they do for SQL at a much lower cost.

Stereo Integrity is probably the only brand I've seen that are consistently viewed as superior to the JL W6/W7. They aren't widely used but they certainly have their fans among those that have seen and heard them.

RE, Boston Acoustics, Ascendant Audio, Adire, Soundsplinter, Image Dynamics, Eclipse, Soundstream, Zapco, Oz Audio, Treo, Digital Designs and Elemental Designs are just a few others I most often see compared to the W7 with mixed results... sometimes people say they are better... sometimes not as good but Stereo Integrity seems to be the one brand that IS better if you trust the people on the forums.

It's all a matter of opinion and subjectivity of course but still interesting to see all the debates and flamewars about "Who's Better...Who's Best".

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 468
i heard a w7 for the first time an wasnt impressed at all......Granted i have no idea how it was really setup, he had a jl/500 powering it....he even had the seat down in his altima....It realy $ucked......i hope it was just his.....BUT FOR 600$ it wasnt worth it to me...yeah like darren said whut realy matters is whut u like...not me or any other person says determine whut u get...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5442
Killer, go to an authorized JL dealer and listen to W7 in a HO box, then make up your mind.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2340
In all reality, I don't think that most bass heads will be able to determine a preference for one sub over the other. That is, any of the above stated subs will do just fine if not equally so for most.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 303
i heard a 10W7 in the HO box with a 500/1 amp in a 2000 impala, and for way less money, me and the owner of the w7 thought my re sx12 with a kicker kx600.1 in a 1.9 cu ft tuned to 32 hz in a 2000 cavalier sounded louder just as clear

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 474
Issa does tweeters count as an authorized dealer..Guess so since they sell them with warrantys,....I listened to the W7 it was not impressive at all, Prolly cuz it was an 8 but still as much stuff i hear about the W7 i wuz thinkin that it would really blow me away.....Ok so it was an 8 but still plus i heard that 10 w7 in the car but the one u all holla bout is the 13w7 the places down here dont even cary 80amp fuses so audio equipment suck round here LOL.

But id rather take RE over JL anyday

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3485
isaac is talking about a w7 sub in a ho box made by jl audio. i heard 1 12w7 in a ho box and that was one of the cleanest sound i've heard. it also gets real loud.

few weeks ago when i went to a comp there was a guy there with a pair of 13w7s and 2 jl 1000/1. his sh!t sounded nice but so did this other guy with a pair of re sx powered by us amps. the jl costs alot more than the re sx and yet there wasn't that much difference in sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us