Opinion question for every1.....

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 155
If you had no choice but to get either a Sony amplifier or a Power Acoustik amplifier rated at the same power which brand would you go with??

Username: Drivingreckless

Nuthingsville, Florida United state...

Post Number: 3
id go with power acoustik ive heard from frins tht it wuz good but thts only my opinion

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 61
i'd get a power acoustik over a sony anyday....i mean really they are overrated, but i've heard like the 'gotham' series ones hooked up and they put out a nice realtive amount of power for being one of the cheaper brands on the market...never heard a sony hooked up but from this board...it can't be too great..

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 649
power acoustik if i absolutely had to choose from the 2

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 890
power acoustik. i used to have one.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 159
which is more overrated??

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 135
PA... the only thing Sony has going for them is the Playstation. Even then, the PS3 with its huge delay... aww pffffft!!!

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 160
what about lanzar? Where would it fit in better or worse or more overrated?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6408
The new sony amps, are CEA-2006 rated so they put out there rated power, there build is just sub-par

PA has overrated amps, but the build is ok

soooooo.....whats more important, power or quailty

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 48
I owned a D1000P5 a few years back made by Sony. And it put out it's rated power and never got hot. The amp was quality. So I'd go for the Sony.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 779
"what about lanzar? Where would it fit in better or worse or more overrated?"

Lanzar's cheap stuff is good on a budget IMO - it's just that you really have to know what you're getting when it comes to cost vs. power because the pwr ratings on the non-Optidrive stuff has gone to hell over the past couple years.

I hate to say it, but simply because of the ridiculous ratings I'd probably have to recommend a Power Acoustik OR a Sony before a Lanzar Vibe/Viberant/Heritage

FWIW - I've owned more than one lanzar Vibe, one Power Acoustik Gothic, and currently own 2 Lanzar Optidrives.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 51
Just don't mention Jensen!!!!!

Username: Makmillion

Post Number: 4
Power Acoustik, period.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5431
If you're on a tight budget, why not give Hifonics or Audiobahn a try?
I've used and tested Jensen in the past, and it wasn't a bad amp. I still have it. Somehow, it never died on me. It was overloaded, over driven, in cold weather, humid summer days, and still working.
Not bad for the cheap price I paid. I wouldn't recommend them though, unless it's the model I have.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7073
my bro has 3 power acoustik amps running daily about 6yrs now - OVERrated in actual power YES but 2 me they r durable cause they never broke down on him as yet .

But like Isaac said - y not try Hifonics which is better than both & close 2 the same price & i also suggest MB Quart amps which i own 1 of them
1http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductReview.aspx?ProductID=14965
& its very good & now theor prices r coming down even lower ........

Bronze Member
Username: Mmmg

Post Number: 29
i owned both sony and power acoustic earlier. According to me power acoustic was a lot better. Never had any problem with it. Still in running condition. Sony gave me lot of trouble..Now replaced power acoustic with orion..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us