Component choices, help deciding

Bronze Member
Username: Adddisorder

Post Number: 96
im looking into some cheaper components such as the alpine type r and infinity reference. there goign to be ran at 75rms

Infinity Reference 6000cs 6-1/2

or the

Alpine SPR-17LS 6-1/2" Type-R

the type rs are a little more money but is it worth it

what are your opinions on these and are there any other good comps. that are availible under 150

im not to keen on buying off ebay for stuff like this

Silver Member

Post Number: 102
...bump

Bronze Member
Username: Nanbakat

Mexico CityMexico

Post Number: 27
If you are only providing 75W then components probably won't be your best bet. You might be better off with some coaxials. Most components require over 100W rms to sound their best and make the investment worthwhile.

If you are set on components, then the infinity comps are good...probably better than the alpine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 104
iv already got a pair of cheap coaxis and thats why i wnat to upgrade to something with better sound

the alpine Rs are rated at 70

and the infinitys at 90rms

and i could always wire them togather to two ohms and run them at 150rms

im leaning tward the type r's but id like to know if there pretty decent

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 548
i'd look to send about 100rms to them even though they are rated for less. Also I am in the process of relocating my inventory and would like to sell some of my CDT EF-61s if you're interested. It would be 150$ shipped in 48states. They're quite nice and on par with the Type Rs and have a better mid to highs than the TR's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 105
that is a good deal i will have to consider, and pay some money on my credit card fisrt;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
if i got the ef-61s are a great deal but my amp will only run them at 75rms each and i just dont think that is giong to be good enough for them. im also having a hard time finding grills to cover them

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 37
Mat said he would run them at 2 ohms... How would you do that on component sets with a crossover if the impediance on the speaker is 4 ohms. I am doing the same thing with type r's with the same rms wattage. Thanks fir any help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
i had a brain f@rt if i run them at two ohms i was just going to put both speakers on the same channel giving them 150rms but it would still split it between both speakers and give them 75rms so its pointless i dont nkow what i was thinking. but how do you like those speakers anyway

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 567
The Ef's come with all the grills and what not. As for power, 75rms isn't too much but it'll still get the components moving. I think only the new Infinity are 2ohm components but I've never liked the Infinity components. I had the Perfects and they sucked. Horrible tweets and midrange was only so so.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
considering my power situation do you think i would be better off getting the type rs

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 573
not really, even though the type rs are rated for such a small amount thats really a company safety so people who don't know much about car audio and all don't push the speaker with the power it can really take. You know you wouldn't want to say they can handle 125rms and have everyone who buys from circuit city and best buy throw them in the car, max the gain on the amp and blast away and then complain they blew them. The Type R's really do best with atleast 100rms or more. My friend has some and is putting about 150rms to them and they do well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us