Kicker sx 1250.1 or JL 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 155
If i have 500 to pay for either one, which one should i get. With reasons why please!

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 303
i would get the jl but thats just my opinion

either will do good

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 688
The JL will keep a better resell value.

But those sx1250's are sooo nice.

What subs are you pushing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
I have an 15" Re Sx, two 12w6v2's that im about to sell, im thinkin about gettin two 12s in the next couple of months (whatever i get will be no higher than 1200 watts). I am leaning towards the sx 1250.1, i dont care about the resell value, i just want to kno head to head... overall what is the better amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
and why, not just because everyone likes JL audio

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 698

A comment like that shows that particular person has never owned a Kicker SX1250.1. I have two and have owned JL's, there is no competition. You are taking an amp that has a digital signal processor built in, and has a remote (optional) that lets you FULLY adjust the amp from the seat of your car(no need to go into trunk) with presets to change different settings for different music at a push of a button! It even has a sick bay function that will tell you what is wrong if and when there is ever a problem. My amps temp has never risen above 110def F at any time and that is at 1 ohm. This amp has sooo many features that I haven't even gotten through them all and may have a "SUCK YOUR D!CK " function but haven't gotten there yet, lol. JMHO.. Polo. :-O

PS- It also puts out a great deal over its rated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
thank you, thats the kind of information i was looking for. i saw the 1250.1 hooked up to 2 10"L7s and to my suprise it actually sounded pretty good, very deep. As soon as i find someone to buy my w6's i think i'll use the money to go get one

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1243
definatly go with the kicer, Great build quality, lots of features, easy to use, and a heck of a lot of power

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1244
definatly go with the kicker, Great build quality, lots of features, easy to use, and a heck of a lot of power

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1143
the build quality of the jl is better but ill go with either cuz theyr both great amps

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1561
definatly the kicker, though the jl has better build quality, the kicker has a lot of nice features and puts out more power, i seen one at my local dealer and was messin around with it for about 15-20mins and i wasn't setting anything just going through to see all the features and i don't think i got through them all.

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1147
im pretty sure they put out around the same power cuz the jl is probly underrated by alot. alot more than the kicker

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1562
ya, i don't think so, the jl has a regulated power supply, so yes its underrated but it only puts out like 1150, while the kicker puts out 1300+, so i would say the kicker puts out more power, unless you have one small azz alt that can't handle the all that power.

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1150
yup. u cant get all those watts if u dont have enough power

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 635
kicker all the way when it comes to amps but subs i would have to say the jl

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1152
jl amps are still better than kicker but in this case the kicker has power

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Do you think two 12cvx will be louder than w6v2's

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 641
(Quote)
Polo
Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago , IL
US

Post Number: 698

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 09:25 pm:

A comment like that shows that particular person has never owned a Kicker SX1250.1. I have two and have owned JL's, there is no competition. You are taking an amp that has a digital signal processor built in, and has a remote (optional) that lets you FULLY adjust the amp from the seat of your car(no need to go into trunk) with presets to change different settings for different music at a push of a button! It even has a sick bay function that will tell you what is wrong if and when there is ever a problem. My amps temp has never risen above 110def F at any time and that is at 1 ohm. This amp has sooo many features that I haven't even gotten through them all and may have a "SUCK YOUR D!CK " function but haven't gotten there yet, lol. JMHO.. Polo. :-O

PS- It also puts out a great deal over its rated.

What Polo said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1154
no i think the w6v2s will be louder and sound better

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 33
the kicker 1250.1? why not the kicker 2500.1 way more power i know its only 2 ohm stable but u can work around that just think 2500 watts rms power! they are under 700 off of woofersetc.com and retail price is around $3000 so hell of a deal!! i just bought one myself i was thinking of hooking up 2 alpine type X's dual 2's in series, that match perfectly but i dont think they make type X in dual 2's cant find them anywere :-(

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1155
u could alot better subs than the type x for that 2500

Bronze Member
Username: Andysd03

Post Number: 34
subs better then the type X? like what name some and ill tell u if they r better or not other then the treo ssi or however its said lol i know those r better

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1156
eclipse ti, re sx, re xxx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us