Lanzar vibe amplifier question, help please.....

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 153
Has anybody heard of the lanzar vibe286? It says it puts out 2 x 1000W RMS at 4 OHMS
2 x 2000W MAX at 4 OHMS 1 x 4000W MAX at 4 OHMS Bridged 2 x 1650W at 2 OHMS RMS. People say that lanzar vibe series of amps are good. About how many REAL watts would this amp be putting out? Should i trust getting it? Thanx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 154
help plez.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 156
Rovin or Chauncey or ne1?

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 326
Opti talked about that amp once and it is badly overrated, i recommend you to buy optidrive line from lanzar, you won't complaint

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 886
look at the fuse ratings. that will help you get a good idea.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 157
Can you guestimate about how much overrated?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 158
It doesnt say what fuses it takes.

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 775
All I know for sure is that the 268 benchtested at a little over 900w bridged -- it uses a pair of 30A fuses.
The 266 has 2 20's, 276 looks like a pair of 25's, the 286 is hard to tell - I've got to assume a pair of 30's, so I don't think it would be realistic to expect as much as 1000w rms out of it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7071
i never used any lanzer so i know 0 about them

what r u planning 2 power anyway ?????......

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 668
the thing couldnt put out its supposed rms power if god gave it a hand

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 903
LOL DB. Well put. Don't waste your money on Lanzar.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
hey man i disagree with that, some models are good, i own lanzar vibe 1800d and is a great amp for only 140$. Where in the world are you going to find 1200 at that cost, so you better think a little moment

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 161
Juliob where did u get ur amp from? % wise about how much is lanzar overrated? Thanx. Rovin i wanna power 2 12" cvrs. What would be the best cuft for a ported enclosure for each Kicker? Or what to tune it to? Thanx guys. All i got is $180 for now. I just need something with more power than my PA amp(980 watts). Im not working so i dont got money, but im 16 so ill get a job hopefully when i get my provisional(at the end of the year) then i could spend my money on sum real sh!t.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 162
Hey optidriven 900 watts rms??

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 163
what about the PA TS1920-2 Plasma Sphere 2-Channel Amplifier? How many real watts would it put out? Would you get it as a good budget amp? It should be about twice as powerful as the 1 i have now right?
Ne1 now any amps for $180 with shipping that has more power than my PA amp now?? Thanx....

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 781
"Hey optidriven 900 watts rms??"

yeah, two different 268's were tested at CAF, both did over 900w rms at 14v. One was 923 if I remember correctly. They're on close out at millionbuy.com for $109 plus s/h.

The Vibe 1200D and 1800D are both accurately rated (1200w rms at 1ohm). The 2/4 ch vibes are over-rated by varying degrees.

All the optidrive amps are solid. Accurately rated, durable, good controls etc.

PA - in my experience is pretty close on ratings. I had a gothic ov4-800 for a while. I would definitely consider them pretty good budget options.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 164
So should i get a 268 for now Optidriven?? Would it be more powerful than the amp i got now??Thanx very much.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
it's not a bad deal for that price that amount of power, if you're going to power some 600w rms subs you can buy vibe 1800d/1200d, but if you want to power some little subs, then you can use that amp, remember is not a class D amp

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 165
Does ne1 know of any amps under $180 that puts out at least 1000 watts rms?? Thanx

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 166
I dont think you can really tell about how much rms an amp has by just looking at the fuses cuz on my PA 980watt max amp it has 4 25A fuses and its only rated at 560 rms bridged so howz the lanzar 268 with 2 30A fuses with more power? Im not sayin ur wrong cuz i really dont know but how can sum1 tell by looking at the fuses? Thanx.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 919
You can tell if an amp is overratted by looking at the fuse size. The fuse size is the maximum amount of current allocated to the amp. You can figure power by multiplying current times voltage. 13.8 volts time 30 amps is 414 watts. This is the maximum amount of power that the amp could produce if it was 100% efficient. Amps loose power to heat and etc. A class D monoblock is aroung 75% efficient and a class A/B is around 60% i think. So for a monoblock you could figure 414 watts times 75% efficiency gives you 310 watts. This is a more realistic number than the original 414 watts. So for your amp with 2 30A fuses you would get aroung 620 watts. This is only to figure the maximum that the amplifier can produce. So if get an amplifier that says it can produce 1000 watts and only has a 60A fuse then you know its a lie.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 920
Plus the amp that your talking about appears to be a class A/B. So yeah there is NO WAY that amp could produce 2000 watts, 1000 watts, or in my opinion even 500 watts. I think you would get around 400 watts from that amp. Lanzar sucks man there are better budget amps that won't rip you off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
let's bet that the vibe 268 can really put more than 850w if that's what you're arguing, and if you want 1000+ for only 180$ buy lanzar vibe 1800d or heritage 2600d, i bought it at 140$ and is 1200w rms, so lanzar is not really bad, they just overrate some of their products for marketing, luca got wrong in that. You can calculate with fuses, yeah, but that doesn't applies to everything you see. You can see a volfenhag using 2x40A fuses and it only reaches like 700 watts, so you figure it out. There are several amps that use a lot of fuses and doesn't do what you think, but there are others that yeah, you can tell if they're overrated or not

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 926
YOU COULDN'T GET 850 WATTS OUT OF THAT AMP IF IT WAS 100% EFFICIENT!!!! THE AMP CANNOT PUT OUT MORE POWER THAN YOU FEED IT. THE AMP SUCK$ A$S!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
lucas the 268 was bench tested at 923w bridged at 4 ohm, so it seems that you don't know about lanzar

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 788
"YOU COULDN'T GET 850 WATTS OUT OF THAT AMP IF IT WAS 100% EFFICIENT!!!! THE AMP CANNOT PUT OUT MORE POWER THAN YOU FEED IT. THE AMP SUCK$ A$S!!!

You should take about 5 minutes to learn something about the principles of fuses.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 789
...so howz the lanzar 268 with 2 30A fuses with more power?

TJ - an ATC fuse can pass much more current than what it's rated at. To blow those fuses instantly it would take 120A or more. It would pass 100A for several seconds. 80A for several minutes, possibly hours. 60A almost indefinitely.

Every company's designs vary on how they apply fuses - which is why using fuse size to determine actual power output is a rough estimate at best.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 927
your talking about dynamic or surge you cannot run that continously so the amp is overrated

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 928
I'm at work and i just paralleled two of these fuses togather on a 100 amp power supply and increased the current until they blew. They reached 68 amps before they blew. So I'm sorry I made a mistake that amp could put out 938.4 watts if it was 100% efficient.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11490
fuse limits are based on two factors. temperature, and time.

A fuse rated for 50A may handle a 10% overcurrent for 2 hours, and 15% overcurrent for 1 hour, 20% for 15 minutes, and 25% for 5 minutes, etc.
With a dead short, it'd go instantly.

Just because a fuse sees 50A, and it's rated for 50A, doesn't man it'll blow instantly.

It's fairly common for amplifiers to use fuses rated below their sustained current draw limits.

Silver Member

Post Number: 357
LUCAS NEWBIE!

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 169
So does the lanzar 268 really put out 900 rms or a little more? Can i use it to power 2 12" kicker 05 cvr's dual 2ohm? It should be a little more than twice as powerful as my PA 980 watt amp right? 14 volts i dont know about voltage or nothing but you said at 14 volts. I think my car battery is 12 volts so does that mean it wont put out the 900 watts rms?? Thanx

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 170
Im getting confused so does that lanzar 268 amp really put out 923 watts rms?? Could i power 2 12" kicker05 dual 2 ohm cvr's? Thanx.

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
Tj, you can power two kicker competition, you will get 923w rms at 4 ohm bridged

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 177
Juliob how would i wire my 2 12" kicker cvr's dual 2ohm subs together to equal a 4ohm load bridged? Or how can i fit that 923 watts rms into both? Thanx juliob.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 691
I wouldnt Mess With Lanzar, Altho guys are saying they put out somthing Doesnt Scratch out in my mind the fact that they are Grossly over rateing there amps in which is a horrible business practice an i would never advise anyone to buy them Due to the companys Business Ethics Alone

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 944
Geeze why are we even talking about Lanzar? Oh right, Juliob's favorite brand. And I'm the newb?

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
i don't have favorite brand, i just say that if i can get 1200w for only 140 bucks for real, it deserves some credit, so you're still a newbie you know, doesn't mean that if you buy some kicker amps you know more than others, man you should get banned really

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
you don't know how the fuses works, even glasswolf had to explain it, and you're telling me newbie, men if you don't have too much time buy a book and study something

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 945
Yeah, okay. Juliob what does your system consist of?

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 792
TJ - a pair of dvc 2's can be wired for 4 ohms. You need an amp that will give you the power you want at either 2 ohms or 1/2.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 178
well how much rms power would i get out of the amp per channel if i put each to a 4 ohm load??

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 966
Really TJ don't get the lanzar amp. Spend a little more money and get something that is reliable and will put out the rated power. They are cheap for a reason

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 616
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:11 pm:
you don't know how the fuses works, even glasswolf had to explain it, and you're telling me newbie, men if you don't have too much time buy a book and study something

Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:11 pm:
Yeah, okay. Juliob what does your system consist of?

Sorry dude, it was past his bed time, guess you'll have to wait for an answer.

juliob - Just because your name starts with a J and is pronounced with an H doesn't mean that you can apply that same logic to other english words... jajajajaja.

Silver Member

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 795
"well how much rms power would i get out of the amp per channel if i put each to a 4 ohm load??"

Ballpark -- 300 a piece.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us