Better Amp Kicker or Jl audio

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 154
Other than the Jl 1000/1 putting out 1000 from 1.5-4 ohms. Head to head what is a better amp the kicker sx1250.1 or the jl 1000/1?

Username: Drivingreckless

Nuthingsville, Florida United state...

Post Number: 7
jl quality is respectiful! but kicker is still good for prices but if u have money go for the JL 1000/1

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 49
And that JL has been benched to put out more than 1000rms. Oddly enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Post Number: 17
Sorry..Biast towards kicker...of course...Customer support is better...No machines

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 857
customer support is better? I had a minor defect with a W7 I bought at a local shop.. sent off an email at around 8pm - and got a call from the vice president of JL Audio the next day, letting me know that my replacement was waiting to be picked up at the shop I got it from.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 530
Both kicker and JL amps are underrated. A jl 1000/1 will bench around 1100-1200 watts. A kicker kx 1200.1 will bench around 1400-1500 watts. This is, of course, with adequate voltage and current.

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 338
i'll better buy phoenix gold 1200.1 before buying jl amp, cuz is too expensive for the little thing it does, of course is great but too expensive, i prefer buying a new orion 2500d that has more power at every watt and is 200 dollars cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 960
Neither Lanzar. You won't even need a battery for this amp. If you feed it 10 amps @ 6V you will get a total of 923 watts. Because Lanzar doesn't know ohms law so they don't have to use it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5926
JL tech support is FAR better than Kickers.

But amp to amp, the JL is the better built one, and for that reason is more expensive.

Username: Damionlldn

Post Number: 1
I cant believe kicker even comes up in this conversation. First off all of thier amps are rated at 14.4. I would love to find an average car that can run at 14.4 volts all day with the volume cranked. Its a long story but I spent close to a month research on a lot of amps. Kicker sucks because if u drop below 14.4volts so does the wattage, dramatically. I had a kicker 850.4 powering MB Q's. It sounded like sh*t it was distorted and the amp cut off after an hour. I switched to two 300/2 jl audio amps and it sounded 100 times better. JL has regulated power supplies, 106 sn ratio on most amps, .05 thd and much better heat dispersion design. Kicker Comp VR subs are the sh*t but their amps are horrible

Top well known amps are Zapco and JL audio

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 756
"I had a kicker 850.4 powering MB Q's. It sounded like sh*t it was distorted and the amp cut off after an hour"

i dought that. either yoy must be a die hard jl fan because all the kicker amps i have owned have never gone into protection. you must have had the gain riduculously high ot had it wired wrong because kicker amps dont go into protection unless wired or set wrong.

the 1000/1 i would take if i had the money though.

"Kicker Comp VR subs are the sh*t but their amps are horrible"

your the only one in this whole forum that would say that. NEWB - know your stuff before you give false info.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5604
I agree with Jonathan Jl is very well bult and the customer service is impeccable the two times I have used them. I like Kicker amps also but the JL is a better amp.

Post Number: 2
Omg are u guys insane... please just call kicker's tech dept and ask the tech "what happens if the amp doesnt get 14.4 volts what will the wattage be?" ask him that ques for any KX or SX. BTW I been a kicker fan until I got the two JL audio\memphis amps which was this year. I am a fan of a company who produces good results.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 973
Way back in the day my Kicker ZR240 went into protection mode from getting hot. I ran it with the gain all the way up and the bass boost all the way up and after about two hours it got hot and went into protection. Since then I haven't had a Kicker amp go into protection, but I have blown many subs with Kicker amps.(including Kicker)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5617
all that is saying is that you don't know how to properly set up a amp.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3584
you almost don't need to talk to jl audio if something goes wrong with your stuff as long as you bought it at an authorized dealer.

i blew one of my jl 6.5 coaxial speaker 3 months after i got it installed at an authorized dealer. when i went back to the store they just changed it and told me they will deal with getting that replaced with jl audio.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3586
you almost don't need to talk to jl audio if something goes wrong with your stuff as long as you bought it at an authorized dealer.

i blew one of my jl 6.5 coaxial speaker 3 months after i got it installed at an authorized dealer. when i went back to the store they just changed it and told me they will deal with getting that replaced with jl audio.

Username: Kicker301

Post Number: 1
I need some serious help with my car audio

Post Number: 2
Ok here is the deal, yesterday I had a one Kicker L5Series and a Kicker 750.1 powering the baby. And it thumped like sh!t...... Now today I bought another Kicker L5Series and another Kicker 750.1. After hooking them both up i noticed that it doesnt even sound as loud as one did before. What can be the problem

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3589
how did you hook them both up? more details please.

Post Number: 6
Well I had a capacitor but for some reason it blew. I have the power wire running from the battery to like a distribution block. And I have each amp connected in the block. I was just curious is it because i have both amps on one battery. Is thats why its only getting have the power.

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 228
JL audio is better than kicker .

but kicker amplifier still good and powerfull .

i would go on sx1250.1 becouse 1000/1 is too high price for 1000 RMS .

Post Number: 3
"Omg are u guys insane... please just call kicker's tech dept and ask the tech "what happens if the amp doesnt get 14.4 volts what will the wattage be?" ask him that ques for any KX or SX. BTW I been a kicker fan until I got the two JL audio\memphis amps which was this year. I am a fan of a company who produces good results."

KICKER KX/SX SERIES AMPS ONLY PRODUCE ADVERTISED WATTAGE WHEN GIVEN THE CORRECT VOLTAGE OR HIGHER. which means if your current setup can't sustain 14.4 volts than switch to JL Audio. Plus why would you buy an amp that has a THD rating of 1.5% JL's is .05. JL audio amps give true power 11-14.4 volts....I Had kicker amps before I know what the difference is.

Kicker Audio's number
405 624 8510
405 624 8583
call and ask the tech what will the wattage be on your amp if the voltage drops to 12.8 you will be shocked

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 780
you tell us. you still need a good alt and maybe an extra battery, so if you have all that your system wont be droppin way below 13 volts.
and if you think about it even if it does drop below the 14.4 you will still be gettin more watts then the 1000/1. it puts out like 1100. and the kicker amp are underrated and the 1200.1 puts out 1390, benched.

Post Number: 6
lol uh u need more than an alternator and a good battery to make a car sustain 14.4 volts at idle. Now if you are driving that setup could work because the engine is charging the battery. and didnt u read above....the kicker amp can produce 1390 and higher ONLY if its given more than 14.4 volts. the amp is rated at 14.4 volts if it could produce more watts at that voltage then the amp would be 1390 not 1200. When u buy an amp do u go by the manufacturer's specs or by what some dealer says to sell u the stuff?

Silver Member
Username: Night_mirage

AmmanJordan

Post Number: 229
So KICKER is still good at amplifiers . Maybe sub's not that much but amplifier is powerfull .

if its on me i would wire kicker amplifier and JL sub's ..

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 789
i would still get the 1000/1 but its just way too expensive. if i had the money i would. i am not arguing that i wouldnt get the 1000/1 over the 1200.1, i am just saying that the 1200.1 is a great amp and even if its rated at 14.4 volts when it drops down it will prolly be around what the 1000/1 is rated at 1100. if i had the money i would, but not many people on this forum can buy a $ 900 amp. IMO

Post Number: 8
well i wouldnt pay $900 either I would pay $675 but any person can buy this amp onlin for like $730-$800... I have had 5 different systems different amps differnt speakers etc etc.... Why settle for less and then change it later? instead spend the money now and u wont have to spend it later on the smae thing

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5933
Because the car audio industry isn't about quality, it's about "good for the money". If it does cost money, then it better be stupid loud and stupid big. If it sounds half decent getting stupid loud then it's fantastic, usually touted as the best thing they've ever heard.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 790
bingo

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5934
Then if you decide to get some esoteric, uber high-end piece of equipment, or simply ask about it, some jackass on a forum is going to say "YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!!!! For that price, you could get/have gotten three inferior products that noone has ever heard of!!!!"

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1601
just to make clear kicker amps are rated at 13.8volts not 14.4, and the sx has a lot more features than the jl.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 977
"all that is saying is that you don't know how to properly set up a amp."

alls im saying is that i abused it pretty hard and it never went out. it was very reliable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us