Power Acoustik Mofo-10?

Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 5
Have any of you longtime car audio enthusiast ever heard them play? I got 2 of them acouple days ago and was looking for a amp to power them. I finally decided to go with a Power Acoustik A3000DB, enough to give each sub 900w. The subs are rated at 1000rms. Would the 100rms underpowering have a huge noticible effect on performance? I'm not someone who goes all-out trying to enter and win car-audio competitions. I got a stock truck that wouldn't impress anyone, I got a crappy job making a little over minimum wage, so in other words, im poor and I just want a decent system that I can bump to (and maybe impress, just a little bit, the people I give rides to). I havent ordered the amp yet, I dont get paid until friday, so I'll order them when I cash my check unless you guys know of an amp that would give me 200 more watts so that I can power the subs to the 1000RMS.

This was the setup I had in mind, please feel free to express your thoughts and opinions on it.

2 Power Acoustik Mofo-10 --- http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/MOFO-10.html
1 Power Acoustik A3000DB --- http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/A3000DB.html

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 6
Oh and was also wondering what type of box would be best

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 7
anyone...? :-(

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 12
bump...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2625
first off...that PA A3000DB will only produce ~1100wrms @ 1ohm not 1800w. it is very over rated.

also, you can get much better subs that that for the same price. they can get reasonibly loud, but they sound like @ss.

if you already bought them...what is their voice coil configuration? (DVC 2ohm or DVC 4ohm?)

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 14
they are 2ohm dvc. i havent bought the amp yet, so I guess i'll have to look around for another, got any other suggestions? i got about ~$300 to spend on an amp, maybe more if it becomes REALLY worth it. Maybe I should sell the subs and buy some with a lower rms.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2630
w/ two DVC 2ohm subs, you are going to need an amp the will produce full power @ 2ohms or 0.5ohm.

to tell the truth...i would try to get rid of those MOFO's and get something else.

how much did you pay for those 10's?

you could get a pretty nice 1200wrms amp for $300.

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 15
they were about $160 each. I payed around $320 for both including shipping if I remember correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 62
ha well i don't know hwo they sound or anyting, but i do have a rockford power hx2 12 inch sub in a box up for sale if your interested...its the older rockford 2002 model and its 1000 rms...so you would only have to spend about 170 on an amp if you get a budget amp, and i'll put odds it soudn better than them two mofos put together...just email me at betterdayz728@aol.com if your interested

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 16
Maybe I should get pick up some Sony Xplodes from Wal-Mart? I can probably get 4 of them at about the same price as I payed for my 2 PA 10's?

lol j/k, what would you suggest?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2639
if you spent $320 on those subs...try to send em back and get your money or sell them.

you can get a pair of RE SE 10's for about that much. (or alpine type-r 10's) then spend ~$300 on a 1200w amp.

what kinda vehicle is this going in?

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the offer Marcus, but im affraid I can only fit 10s under my back seat :-( I drive a '01 Dodge Ram QC, and I dont wanna remove the bench seat and dedicate it to a system. I just want 2 10s that can be placed under the seat and not sacrifice any leg room or seating for me and my friends

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 673
u know, u could make a console box for 1 12 maybe 2 or even 1 15. id get an RE sub of course.

take out the center console, and make it go all the way to the back seat. u could still fit 2 people in the back with as much leg room as they want and have serious sound.

marshall, dude u have to check out burgs console box we made for his sinlge cab silverado. he painted it the same color as his truck, got a TV and a SE 12, ima make him come to the comp this weekend.

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 18
Marshall, its going into a 2001 Dodge ram Quad Cab.

Thats a good idea jonhny, I was looking at the JL audio site and was just browsing around and I was checking out the "what fits my ride?" option thing they had on it and came across one of those center console boxes. Just one quick question, have you ever heard a sub play out of one before? How did it sound in your opinion?

Yea i think im gonna sell my 2 PA's and buy some RE se 10's. They are only like $20 more each, but ive heard a lot of good things about them on these forums. Ill just need to find an amp to power 2 RE se 10", any suggestions? Maybe in a couple months when i have more money to spend I can remove that center console and put a 15 in there, but for now, ill stick to 2 10". Thanks for all the input and suggestions guys, keep 'em coming :-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2642
orion 1200d
memphis 1000d
crossfire 1000d
jl 1000/1
kicker 1200.1
jbl 1200.1

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 555
Those mofo's wouldn't even fit under your seats, they need fairly large (and it MUST be ported) boxes.

I have a 12" Mofo, and wouldn't recommend it to anyone, simply because it takes a huge amount of power to make it loud, and that will require a high output alternator, new battery, upgrade of the big 3 wires (engine ground, chassis ground, and alt to battery)

You could get a more effective system with some Alpine type R's, or RE SE's. Not to mention sounding a lot better too..

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 556
Definitely get a custom box made or a prefab box specially made for your exact car. It will make a huge difference in maximizing the potential of your vehicle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
yes ismael, me and my freinds have built 3 total. this last one we built was excellent, 1 12 SE dual 4 ohm sub in about 2 cuft after sub and port displacement tuned to around 27-30 hz. it sounds awesome. it has a tv built in it in the front on an angle. the port is in the back firing up. and the sub is placed in the box where he can put his arms on it comfortably. he painted it to match his truck. although we should have used more wood fill or sub bondo and sanded it to smooth out all the screws and cracks where the wood meets. but it sounds great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
oh dude if u get 2 SE 10's they would deff fit in a console box in ur truck. we are about to make one for my freind who just bought that same truck. we might try to get 2 12's in it though, but my friend burg who has the SE 12 in a console box says that that truck can fit a 15 between the seats, so we might do that.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1136
got any pics of those consoles?

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 29
i hav a friend who has a custom box he made in his reg. cab truck and im not sure wut sub hes got in it but it sounds pretty awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
i can post some this weekend. i dont have any at the moment. the box might have a SX 12 in it instead of the SE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us