I've got a question about running wire

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 531
C) "Consider that your entire vehicle chassis is a ground plane, which means it carries a voltage potential. Putting an RCA beside a power cable is no worse than laying it on the floor of the vehicle (which 99% of people do)." - The vehicle chassis spreads the current througout the entire metal vehicle structure, which isn't going to produce the same intensity field that a single, large gauge power wire has.

Someone posted that and I was wondering is it really bad to run RCA's on the floor? (like under door paneling and all that) how else are you supposed to run it?

And rca wire should be ran on the side seperate from the power wire right? I will have 2 amps one for subs and one for speakers.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2612
yea...run the RCA separate from the power.

it is ok to run them under door pannel.

"The vehicle chassis spreads the current througout the entire metal vehicle structure, which isn't going to produce the same intensity field that a single, large gauge power wire has."

when you run your RCA near your power it has more of a change to pick up noise from the current in the wire.

the current in your chassis will take the path of least resistance.

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 21
Here is another question. If I am running 16 wires (8+, 8-) for my components, 3 RCA's, 2 remotes, and 0ga. power wire what would be the best way to do that? Cannot fit wires in the trim on the headboard and cannot run all 16 speaker wires, 3 RCA's, and 2 remote wires on the opposite side of the power. Thanks.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2615
run the speaker wire under your carpet.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2616
PS...a wire clothes hanger is your friend :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 532
"PS...a wire clothes hanger is your friend "

Awesome I never though of that...I just might be able to run the wire through my door boots...without taking the whole dash apart

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 27
Fish tape is made for pulling wire and it comes in rolls at least 50ft. long. That is what I use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us