Orion 2500d question

Username: Dontcare

Post Number: 1
Does anybody understand why the intelli-q feature is only available on high pass for the orion 2500d? I"ve tried running the high pass so i can use the intelli-q feature because in the manual is says that it works great on vented enclosures. Obviously i'm getting unwanted highs. Currently i'm just using low pass with x-over set at 60hz. Sounds good but i'd really like to know how to maximize the intelli-q feature. Any help would be greatly apprecitated.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 635
turn on the intelliQ and set the freq to the tuning of ur box, i had a 1200D and it made an exceptional diff but i never really got unwanted highs to my sub, but it deff sent way more boost/power to the set freq range on the intelliQ. i wish i wouldnt have sold my 1200D, my RE 36.1 doesnt have a feature like that. :-(

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 59
i'm a little lsot for this subject...but i have a vented box and a 1200d...so what do i have to do to get more boost/power to the speakre...i have a rockford 1000rms sub and owuldj ust liek to upt the most power i can to it..

Username: Dontcare

Post Number: 3
Johnny, thank you for the info. I don't know what had happened before, but i was getting unwanted highs. I tried it again and I didn't get any highs. I tuned it to 38hz, i'm running 2 15" H2's in a vented encluse that is also tuned to 38Hz. I have a test cd that plays any frequency that I want. Originaly I had hit 147.2, I just got back from Soundworld here in appleton, and i just hit 154.7. I can't beleive that made that much of a difference. I was just scared of the whole high pass feature, paid alot for the system. Thanx again man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 638
hahaha kool man thats a killa number, glad i could help.
just set that db boost thats on the side of the intelliQ knob to a safe position, it only works when the intelliQ is on also. wut prolly happened is u might have had the intelliQ set higher than ur tuning freq of ur box and that will send higher freqs through the sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 639
oh shoot i forgot to answer Marcus's question. marcus do u know the freq that ur box is tuned to? if so set the intelliQ freq knob to the freq of ur box's tuning and adjust the boost knob accordingly to ur preference. be carefull not to set it too high and damage ur sub. oh and also u have to turn the intelliQ on, there is a switch close to the knob, just put in the "on" position.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us