Alteraudio

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3463
what you recomend. a 6.5" 2 way comp set thats around $700. i need one that has solid midrange sound with tweeter thats a little harsh cause i like the sound of highs.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1653
if your looking at CDT's the HD's are great. i haven't heard the ES's. most of the goods are in the crossovers for CDT it seems. i had the HD 3 ways a while back powered by the JL 300/2. good speakers, just wish they didn't have the silk tweeter. its a lot cheaper now to change out the tweeters though. the HD 3 ways are $700 shipped from CDT's ebay store, so 2 ways should be cheaper.

for that much, you should send me a message and i can direct you towards some Rainbows :-) but they won't be harsh, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 559
sorry chad I've been moving and haven't got on the forum lately. But for 700$ you can get a killer setup. The ES series is really good and has a very true midrange. I use the ES-600 woofers for my lower mids and it blends very well with the Mag 15 i have. They like alot of power though. I would say for the components they need about 175-225rms. 200rms to 225 would make them sing. I throw 70rms on the woofer alone and it is begging for more. The DRT-25 tweet is quite nice, not as harsh as the Focal tweets but detailed enough to make you think its a hard dome. Email me at sales@alteraudiousa.com if you have questions

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5907
SEAS Lotus FTW :-)

http://www.mobilesq.com

You won't find a better component set for that amount, if any amount.

I'm not trying to be mean, but CDT gets pretty well stomped past the HD lineup. You can only do so much with Vifa drivers, let alone from their lower lineups. I can match the $1200 ES gold set with $150-$200 worth of drivers from madisound or solen. You figure they'd at least give you some XT drivers for that amount of money.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 560
its all how you have them setup. I've tried one SEAS set and it was good no doubt but just didnt seem to fit in my setup as well as the ES's. Used actively the ES really shines. i like to use the ES in a 6db slope at 100hz and a 18db slope a 1.6khz and it does incredibly well. Only problem now is my doors are not helping them out. Even with used at a 3.15khz 18db slope it was a very good driver and very true to the sound. Doesn't over emphasize the midbass which some like and other don't. When I find a driver that will totally blow me away on the SQ then i'll change but so far the ES's have been worth it and the new ones I wil lreally need to check out.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5909
Depends on which SEAS set you tried, too. The Performance line is impressive, but the References are just blow you away incredible. Especially in regards to midrange detail, clarity, and neutral sound, I haven't heard any 7" midbass that can hold a candle to it or the Excels they're based upon. Midbass of the references is very similar to that of the ES output-wise, though it's a little snappier.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us