AMP fuses melting!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Bino317

Post Number: 12
Heres the problem, i have an 2000watt a ch amp, two dvc 1000 watt speakers. 8 gauge power cable, wit an 100 amp ANL fuse,a 500k farad Cap. and an extra battery, my system bumps, its just that when i turn it up, my radio cuts off and on. and then if i let it continue to play, my subs just cut off. first it kept blowing my battery fuse, so i got the 100 amp,and a 4 gauge power cable so now either the fuses in the amp melts and blows or they just cut off. i'm tired of going back to my trunk to check if somethings burnt up. someone please tell me whats wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 696
What AMP/SUBS?

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 244
that 500k farad cap must be tough to pull around on a trailor...

500,000 farad cap? i dont think such a thing exists...

but if you have a 2000W RMS amp, and you don't ATLEAST have a 200A alternator, yer killing yer batteries, and is also the cause for your audio sys shutting down when you turn it up.

2000W / 12.6v = 158A (and don't forget you should keep around 60A free for normal car operation - a total of 218A. refer to "you need atleast a 200A alternator"). so not only is 4guage insufficient for that amount of current(158A), but it's no surprise yer 100A fuses keep blowing. you must upgrade both your charging system (batteries + alternator), and your wiring (not just power wire from batt to amp, but also your big 3).

Silver Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 771
We can't suggest much of anything w/o brand/model numbers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us