MELT Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Bino317

Post Number: 8
Heres the problem, i have an 2000watt a ch amp, two dvc 1000 watt speakers. 8 gauge power cable, wit an 100 amp ANL fuse,a 500k farad Cap. and an extra battery, my system bumps, its just that when i turn it up, my radio cuts off and on. and then if i let it continue to play, my subs just cut off. first it kept blowing my battery fuse, so i got the 100 amp,and a 4 gauge power cable so now either the fuses in the amp melts and blows or they just cut off. i'm tired of going back to my trunk to check if somethings burnt up. someone please tell me whats wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1649
what kind of amp do you have thats suppose to push 2000 watts?? what kind of subs and VC configuration??

8 gauge wire won't even hendle 1000 watts before it'll melt.

100 amp fuse isn't large enough for 2000 watts so it should be blowing.

the cap and extra battery won't help unless you have a HO Alt to power them. for 2000 watts alone, you'll need 160 amps of power. plus about 50 for the car, and more for whatever else you have running. also, everythings cutting off because you don't have the charging system to handle the stuff.

4gauge isn't large enough for 2000 watts either.

Post Number: 10
Lanzar 268 500 rms x 2, 2000 watt max, and Visonik and both subs are ran in parraell, and then briged, the only fuse thats blowing now is the the fuses inside the amp, i replaced them and then they blew again, there are two 30 amp fuses in the amp

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1834
if they are blowing right away, i mean as soon as power is put to it, the power supply is blown.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
no the fuses are blowing as soon as i turn the gain up on the bass remote, at about 8 dbs of gain it shuts off. if i leave it low they will stay on. I jsut need to know how can i make all this work

Gold Member

Post Number: 1835
I bet you have that amp bridged....those subs either need to be ran stereo mode, 2ohm load per channel or 4ohm load bridged only.(ifm those are dual 4ohm subs)You can run those in a series/parallal load to get 4ohm load and use bridged. see www.the12volt.com under woofer wiring for the correct wiring....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
I have a Lanzar 268 2 ch (500 x 2 rms)2000watt 2 ohm stero stable amp, I have two Visonik 12" dvc 1000 watt speakers 4 ohm, I have an extra battery ran to my car battery 4 ga power wire going into a 100 amp ANL fuse, back to an 500k Farad Cap, 16 ga speaker wire.I have the spreakers ran in parallel and are briged. the gain is set two notches before max. My interior lights dim a lil to the beat. the subs dont distort, its just the fuses blow in the amp( two 30 amp fuses) when i try to crank it up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1840
is that amp running bridged? one speaker wire across the 4 termainals, or do you have one speaker on left and 1 on right.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 889
sounds like he has it wired down to 1 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us