HELP, im mad.!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 249
ok so i finished my box for 4- re8"s and i already had two 8's so i put them in and put the box in my truck and hooked em up. then i turned it up expectin to hear around the same as far as loudness but no, the things are shaking stuff in my truck but they arent loud at all. no were near how loud they were before, but they are a bit punchy and they hit the high hz pretty good(still not as good as before) but the lows just suuuuck!! so i figured that they didnt have enough air space(im pretty sure i calculated the air space really accurately) so i buy some poly fill and shove it all up in them 2 chambers to see if there was a differenc, but no... its even more quiet now. i dont understand, i make all these calculations, i mean the differance between the new bo and the old boxes are not even enough to make a difference the old boxes are .07ft3 bigger each. so what the heck guys, can someone help give me an explanation. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 681
Polarity is reversed, check your wiring on all subs. Polo..

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 250
i reversed the polarity on one of the subs wen they were in the old boxes too, all i basically did was switch boxes.?

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 680
polyfill will not help ported box's.

What were the 2 8"s you had before?

How many subs are hooked up right now 4 or 6?
Are they all the same Ohm, wattage, and brand?
What kind of amp/s are you useing?

maybe your new subs are just more twards SQ than your prevoius setup.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 683
He is using a sealed box with four 8" RE se's I think I saw his other post on it. Polo..

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 252
no re re's they dont make 8" SE's, if they did i would get 2 of them

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 253
heres tha box
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/210902.html

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 685
What amp are you useing you are probably underpowering them with an over rated amp.

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 686
I am not shure what ohm's your subs are 2 or 4 but make shure it is all wired like this if it is 1 channel amp
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 254
right now i am only running two of the subs cause thats all i have. im running them with a diamond audio d5 300.2 150@2ohms rms on each channel, the subs are each dual 4 ohm and i have them each wired down to 2 ohm. i am not underpowering them because they were louder in the other boxes running off the same amp

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 255
BUMP, please help

Silver Member

U.S.A

Post Number: 691
Bridge your amp and wrie them like this.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 651
well the subs are 175 rms and ur giving them 150 rms so technically u r under powering them, but prolly not by enuff to make a big diff. did u check all of ur settings on the amp, maybe u hit a switch and turned off a bass boost or something.

Username: Super_mario

Post Number: 6
Hey adam you still there? If you are I think this might help you. This is the same thing that happened to me. I just got two re 12's and also put them is a sealed box. All wiring was correct, I triple checked it. Turned it on and bam no low low. I sounded punchy like you said but it didn't get low. All I did was reverse the polarity on ONE speaker and bam low end and all. Hope this helps man.

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 256
thanks everybody im gonna try all the things you suggested.

Silver Member

Erie, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 257
ok, i finally fixed the problem!!! polo was right, for some reason i had to have the polarity switched in the other boxes but not in this new one. so thanks to every one. the subs actually sound way better in this new box, i was suprised!

one question- i just orderd my other 2-8"s need to know how to wire them?? should i switch the polarity on any of them? they are all dual 4ohm and about 4.5" away from each other, i need them all to be wired to 2ohm. thank you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us