What kind

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1212
what kind of comp speakers do you guys think i should get i just bought a jl 300/2 for them now i just need some speakers to go with it i would like to kepp the price under 500

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1230
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1078

what do you guyys think of these for the money is there something better(for the money i mean)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3464
i am in the same situation as you charlie. i am looking for a 6.5 comp set for my 450/4. i've heard focal audio comps and i was impressed but jonathan feels that focal audio isn't the best choice and his opinions are always proven to be true.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1232
ya i was hoping to get him to suggest some atleast you have some money to go and get something for 700 bucks i am under 500 lol

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 881
I would take a look at Morel personally.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1237
bump hopefully jonathan will take a look

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 102
take a look at the dls comps i thinj hes the one that suggests them alot

Silver Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 103
oh and bostons are a pretty good brand but i think you can get a better price on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 55
cDT and eD do some pretty good 6.5's under $500. Remember $$ doesn't = good equipment. So just because you have $500 to spend doesn't mean you have to cap out to buy a good set of comps.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1239
i know what you mean but money more or less does in car audio you get what you payed for in it anyone will tell you that and

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5889
It isn't that Focal is bad, it's that anything you get below the Polykevlar line is trounced by the competition.

What type of sound are you going for?

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1241
im just looking for a good sound that kind of punches you in the gut a little and i dont know about tweeters cause ive never really heard any

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1262
bump

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 550
you should look into the CDTs and Dynaudio. The new HDs are pretty much the same as before slight tweaking but the biggest thing is the braxial moutning holes already on the basket. As for the new ES's those are supposed to be improved drastically( i haven't yet tried them but I'll take Matt at CDT's word for it). Those also come with braxial holes. I can set you up as always but also some of the Dynaudio's are quite nice. One of my friends got a 3way a week ago and it was very nice, don't remember the series though.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5901
"im just looking for a good sound that kind of punches you in the gut a little and i dont know about tweeters cause ive never really heard any"

Rainbow Profi kicks would be a good bet. The SEAS Lotus Performance series would be another candidate for the money.

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1264
hey jonathan how much do the rainbows cost im not sure where i can get them from because i would save up some $$ to grab those

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 5902
I'm not sure where you can get them either :-) Really, Rainbow is getting REALLY hard to find in the US. You'll have to search the internet (particularly forums) and try to find some dealers for them. You should be able to find some within your budget.

The SEAS speakers are available on www.mobilesq.com

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1673
Rainbows cost quite a bit. there are only 2 authorized dealers in the US. one only deals with OEM kinda stuff for german cars too. speedsound has 2002 stuff, which is way different from what i heard from the guy i just got my Rainbows from. send me a message on here, aim or an email and i'll lead you in the right direction for some Rainbows.
theelfkeeper on aim and theelfkeeper at charter.net

Bronze Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 28
dude stop clogging the Threads up quit sending a million threads at one time

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1265
zepcoe stfu unless you have something good to say and you have like 6 threads going al on basically the same thing you could have condensed in into 1 thread

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1267
but thanks jonathan for all your help ill most likely be getting either the rainbows or the seas so thank you once again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us