My box compeleted. pics.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3439
i finished my box today. i have to wait til tomorow to drop the subs in. its too dark outside now. lol. its 1.9 cuft tuned to 30hz.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 659
thats a really good box. what kind of subs u got? and do u have a table saw?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7036
i know thats what u were doing !

looks nice let's see it 2morrow when u put the subs in ........

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2760
HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!

nice box...brotha!!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3441
thanks guys.

alex....i have 2 12" treo ssi's that will be going in there. and no i don't have a table saw. i had home depot cut the bigger pieces. i just used a power saw to cut little one.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5508
damn CHad that is a SWEEEEEEEET looking box man!

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 660
i usually use a table saw too. i would really like to have a table saw cause they make better cuts.im saving money to buy 1

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 699
Nice box chad looks great. was the carpet hard to put on for you or was it pretty easy. And if u used a jigsaw in those round cuts you did great mine is gonna be all crooked and sh!t lol.

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 661
i hope it sounds nice chad.im still experimenting with ports trying to learn how to do it good

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3443
thanks alex. i guess i will find out tomorow morning. i could of put the subs in tonight but i figured its better to let the caulk dry all the way and also its better to reinstall everything in daylight.

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 75
niceeeeee!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
looks go0d but a better way 2 build a box is not 2 do the top last. say u have a messed up cut it will throw it of so if u do the bottom 1st then both sides the the back then u put the top on then u do ur port make spacers so the port is even then run ur port then caulk it then the next port infront do that just a easier way imo i just got makin a box 2 a slot ported box for my 1 friend its nice an tuned 2 30hz an u should of painted the port black a nicer look but other than that great box hope it sounds go0d as it looks

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 317
Chad Lee new setup: Number 49 lol! jajajajaja

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1210
damn chad sweet box man i think you shoudl build me one lol

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 189
hell of a setup chad

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3445
thanks guys.

custome boxes thanks for the idea. i will do that next time i build a box. it won't be for awhile cause i am too lazy.

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 479
Nice box, but how did you make the ports zig zags?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7039
http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=21.5&Eh=15.5&Dia=6&Xmax=18.2& Vd=.071&NumW=1&Vb=1.3&Fb=32&Qts=0&Vas=0&Fs=0&CE=1.5

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
Is there a site that explains the zig zag ports?

Silver Member
Username: Jbump

Nebraska City, Nebraska USA

Post Number: 219
Niiice box Chad... tops all of my boxes and i even have a table saw, compound miter saw, skill saw, jigsaw, scroll saw, and rotozip (i wanna get a band saw:-().. lmao, i used to do construction work.. awesome box though...

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 242
great job man. i know how much of a biabia it is to build yer own box, so, good work! make sure you get an alarm!!!!! you dont want yer baby gettin jacked; mine was :.-(

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 274
lookin good

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3447
i am such an idiot. the specs of that box fits in my trunk but i didn't calculate getting it in my trunk. that sh!t don't fit through the opening of my trunk. i am building another box today so i will be selling this one. if anyone is interested i will let it go for $90 shipped.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3448
oh i forgot. my email is twin5860@sbcglobal.net

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2184
Chad did u finish with my box? :-) I wanted size 15s... Looks really good... Now whats the verdict....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3449
i have to build another one B cause that one in the picture is too big. it won't fit through the opening of my trunk. i just came back from buying some more mdf so i have to build another one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 278
that sucks

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2194
Chad, I saw the pics, and it did seem to look pretty tall... That sucks though, sorry :-( It cant fit from the inside then go in? How tall is the box? mine is like 16.5cm

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7043
u mean inches B -lol

Chad - WTF , how did u measure dude - idk how ur car is mae up but cant it fit through ur doors .......

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2196
sorry, inches :-) thnks Rovin
Rovin, he can always ship it 2 u :-) It will fit 4 sure!

Bronze Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 16
nice box.sux it dont fit.i always tell people expect the unexpected when it comes to car audio.what did u use to hold it 2gether?i wanna build a box but i was wondering what to use to hold it 2gether?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3450
john i use liquid nails first then i use screws. its tough as it can be like that. lol. make sure you use gloves when applying that liquid nails stuff. last time i didn't and that sh!t was hard to get off my hands.

i am half way done building my second one right now. lol. i'll have pics of the new one soon.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2200
:-) sweet... I wish I can build a box in 1day..

Silver Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 105
is your box 1.9 ft^3 net or gross? cause it doesnt look that big

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3451
its actually 1.855 after my driver displacement.

the dimensions are 35 wide x 17 deep x 16.5 high.

Silver Member
Username: Clacla100

Tallahassee, Fl US

Post Number: 106
im confused. so to get the net area do you include the port.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3453
i don't know exactly cory to be honest. i just inputed the cu ft after the driver displacement and that is the length of the port i got. i am sure i lose some cuft cause of the port but that is what i came up with.

here is the second box. i finally finished it an installed it. damn i am never doing that again. oh and i will organize the cables later. i am just to tired to do anything else. lol. these subs get so loud in that box too. i could barely stand it in my car. i don't even have the ho alt installed yet. the ho alt from iraggi should be arriving in a couple of days so i am getting that installed next saturday. after the ho alt it is even gonna get louder in my car.

Upload

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7053
looks good - thats alot of work u did 2day dude

its very possible 2 build a box in 1 day . Takes me my myself about 4-6hrs non stop 2 build 1 .

Carpeting does take some time & skills 2 get it done right/neat ......

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3454
lol you noticed the carpeting huh? i know i was working all morning on this. when it was time to carpet that i kinda rushed it. but the box is better built then the first one.

Bronze Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 75
thats so sick too bad i dont have any $

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7054
not critisizing but i noticed by the right port the carpet edge looks a lil wavy & @ the top of the same right port if im not mistaken its coming loose - but u said u hurried down i understand if ur thirsty 2 hear some good bass -lol ......

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 200
nice box u got there Chad. Everybody get ready for Chad's next project in a few weeks lol. I know your going to change subs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
sick box chad

looks awsome

Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 3
do those ssi's still have outrageous sound quality in that ported box?

Username: Darrenmunsk

Post Number: 4
i'm thinking about doing a setup very similar to that. i'm just debating on whetther to go ported or not with 4 cu ft total room to work with in my trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 634
beautiful boxes chad, that port design reminds me of that JL box for the W1v2's. very bad a** bro.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1128
sweet work man.......congrats! :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3456
thanks guys. the sq is still unbelivable in a ported. its so loud too. these subs are great. trust guys i won't be changing these subs for awhile.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
i can get a box done in like 2hours thats not carpet tho so other 20mins

Silver Member

Post Number: 702
yeah but its gonna look and sound like sh!t. i seen your boxes they dont look too good who uses fur anymore......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
i use furr gota proplem u havnt seen the new an aproved boxes an all my boxes pound

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 536
ay thats messed up making fun of his boxes... but how old are you custom boxes??

Silver Member

Post Number: 703
well im not really making fun of him is just that abox made in two hours isnt gonna come out good.And i wouldnt use fur but again thats up to him i just wouldnt pay 150-200 hes asking for a dual slot port box when you can get better for the cheaper for example chads box that box looks better and probably stronger cause it wasnt done in two hours it lokks betterthan any box i seen custom boxes post. And cheaper.

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 537
yeah it took me like 7 hours to do mine.. but not all at once. over like 3 days time i think.

Silver Member

Post Number: 704
yeah thats what i was saying if he wants to talk sh!t to me o well everbody has their opinions.I just think hes boxes are way overpriced when u can get better for cheaper.

was that the first box u ever build matt? how did it come out?

Bronze Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 55
BEAUTIFUL!!! Very nice job!

Silver Member

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 538
NEMEN if the box you're asking about was the one in my install thread here:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/213278.html

then no, i've built 1 other box for my brother and it didnt turn out too good because home depot made the cuts not straight so it didnt turn out good but eventually i fixed it and it was sealed up so thats what matters... but this would be my second box it turned out very nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i wasnt goin 2 b puttin furr on ever single box i just had furr on that box 2 match the rest of the custom install i did with black an white white fur 2 match the car an i still gota fingure out prices an i was goin 2 be usin box carpet like chad but if iam goin 2 make a box for a customer iam goni 2 take my time an do it neat an right just like chads Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot2

Lynn Haven/Panama City..., FL

Post Number: 15
whats with that pioneer amp.... it shouldnt be used on JL even the lower models

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 541
"i am such an idiot. the specs of that box fits in my trunk but i didn't calculate getting it in my trunk. that sh!t don't fit through the opening of my trunk. i am building another box today so i will be selling this one. if anyone is interested i will let it go for $90 shipped."

LOL Chad, don't feel too bad, I did the same damn thing! Mines still sitting in my back seat, haha.

That box looks awesome! Spray paint all the visible wood to match the carpet!

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 542
Upload
Very close to fitting, but the irregular shaped opening is worthless! What's the point of having a trunk big enough to hold 12 dead ho0kers if you can't fit em through the opening! LMAO

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
them pioneer amps pound them subs i got that 1 free is hott

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 657
yea i have to agree... I have built a few boxes and I don't think it is possible for one person to build a box in 2 hours. It takes me and a friend around 6 hours to do it right.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3468
the first box it took me 4 days. around 2-3 hours a day. the second one took me 6 hours straight on sunday. i am never doing that again. lol. i was so tired today for some reason. i had home depot cut the top and bottom piece. also i had them cut 13" strips after the top and bottom piece was cut. so i saved some time doing that. the 13" strips were for the height.

i know it isn't the best box you guys all have seen but let me tell you my car pounds hard with that box.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 639
customboxes is that in a camaro?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
myb 3 hours but if u no wat ur doin u can get it done an its a firebird

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
an that sucks when boxes dont fit u gota make sure u get the messurments an i been buildin boxes 4 like 2 years an now i just got a table show an can cut my 8ft 1 inch sheets in any widness i want then cut it what i need

Bronze Member

Post Number: 85
an chad iam propley goin 2 b making the same kind a box for dis 1 guy cause hes buyin my 1 friends old subs an amp

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3487
cool. my box sounds awesome. i just turned it around yesterday so my subs and port are firing in to the cabin. it is ridiculously loud in my car. the sq is very good too like that. i just need to seal it from the rest of the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2680
a simple rectangular box can be built in ~2hours.

i have built a 50.5" x 16.5" x 16.5" box w/ 60sq inches of port and put it in the truck in under 2hours b4. all the cuts were really easy

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3490
this is how i have the subs positioned in my car. i am going to clean up the cables this weekend. with the subs and the ports firing into the cabin it sounds nice and loud.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 494
Hey chad in your first box what style of ports did you make and how did you calculate them?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3491
i used this website to calculate my port length.

http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31

and also this site

http://www.accelerator-pedal.com/ported-box.asp?Ew=21.5&Eh=15.5&Dia=6&Xmax=18.2& Vd=.071&NumW=1&Vb=1.3&Fb=32&Qts=0&Vas=0&Fs=0&CE=1.5

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 643
my god thats alot of JL power, not to mention alot of cash to get them, i would turn the 1000/1 around so you can reat them, and mount them flush, you probly have enough MDF and carpet and it will look pro and also be a bich to steal

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
howcome those aint regular L shaped ports?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3496
i don't know. that site is where i got the idea from and now my box pounds. i mean it gets loud and also has awesome sq for a ported box. i can't wait to get my ho alt installed so i can get my car metered. i have a feeling i will get some good numbers.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 140
chad how did u paint inside the port black its hard paintin it while its all 2geather

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3499
i just got spray paint and painted it. the side walls of the port i painted before i put it together.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 147
o i tryd doin that 2 my box wit a 3inch slot an it was kinda hard lol

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 155
Chad I was wondering how you got the ported box program to not do the standard L shape. I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks for the help.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2229
:-) Nice NICE

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

:-)

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 148
so b hows that sh1t hit

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3500
damn B that sh!t looks awesome man. good install.

algirard1 i just got the zig zag idea from that site. i used another site to calculate the port length.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2233
I must say, each amp wired to 1ohm load... this thing will mute your system & others around you... this is big boi stuff, people call the cops on you. :-) I will be competing with this setup pretty much, but way way diffrent box...

Chad this really aint no install, lol... I put that together in like 15-20 mins I think.... I could have made it way neater.. :-)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3501
you still have your subs firing into the cabin there B? i can't believe the improvement in sound and output after i turned the box to fire into the cabin.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2234
ofcourse, allways into the cab, sealed off for me brother.. :-) better SQ & SPL... if it sounds bad to someone else, then they have a bad install..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3503
what did you use to seal it. i was thinking of using a thin panel so its easy to cut and applying edead on it.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2240
to seal is best to use some wood trims on the sides and to the top of the box.. this box isnt sealed off, I wont have this box for long..

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
nice install.
Get on aim i need to talk to you.

Bronze Member
Username: Proks

Post Number: 55
how much do treo run for each for a 12'???...im gonna have around 2g's and i want some good subs, any comments?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3512
i paid $275 each for mine.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

California

Post Number: 1208
i think chads and bs would sound better if u fire them backwards. just my opinion.........

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2242
"i think chads and bs would sound better if u fire them backwards. just my opinion........." Pelon

keep thinkin that...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3513
freddy, i tried it both ways and firing into the cabin sounds much louder and better.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 162
ys that cause there go0d clean soundin subs so if i get my sx will it sound better if i fire it inside the car not the trunk

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 163
iam mad at my box it doesnt sound as i wanted b@stard i dunno if the subs r pickie or it can b that the stok alt wasnt powerin the amps Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3526
what is your box tuned to spd? from looking at the length of your port it looks like it might be tuned high?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 164
no its around 27hz its 14.5h x 33w x24.75d an its a 2inch wide slot by 30 sumthin
but it sounds go0d in my room all open then i put it in the car after gettin the huge box out an had 2 amps 2 both subs an it suxd

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3528
does you car have a trunk or is it a suv? also which way did you have it facing?

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 165
car trunk an facing the back

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3529
when you have time read this thread.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/3/t/005684.htm l

its long but very informative.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 166
c this anit my car its my brothers an i was tryin 2 get it louder but everytime i ad a sub so theres 2 it dont sound louder than just 1 in my car i got a big slot ported box an i was just testin it out wit a volfenhag an a pioneer amp an that thing pounded so hard i sound dampin my hole car 2 so it sounds liek 2 15s i duno lol but when i get my re sx 15 an my re 12.1 we b talkin mad bass an this is in 1994 pontiac grand am gt right now iam not buyin a system 4 it just yet waitin till i get my body kit an all that other sh1t then system

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3530
sounds good man.

btw nice work on the box.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 167
i can do better

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 168
i can do better..... i think iam goin 2 sale it

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 170
you no what i tolk that box threw it in the back a of a van with 1 12 jl an hooked it 2 my house stereo an it pounds with just 1 wtf lol thats g@y

Gold Member

California

Post Number: 1233
i said itll be better if u fire the subs backwards cuz in most cars it does sound better. like in mine. but i guess all cars are different and all trunks are different

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3536
freddy....if you seal around the box from the rest of the trunk, the sq will be there. not to mention the output will be much louder. i did that today and i love it. its so loud and clean. :-)

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1247
well in the pictures it didnt look like u did that. is that the best way to get the most bass and sq?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3539
in the picture it isn't sealed. i just did that today. still even if i took the picture now you couldn't see that its sealed.

anyways after trying facing back and front, it sounds best if you face it front after sealing around the box. you should try it when you have the chance. also your ports need to be in the center of the box rather than on the outer sides.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1249
yea i wanted to try that too but i dont know how. did u use fiberglass? lets see pics

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3540
i did a temporary job right now. lol. not much to look at with pictures. i just used some foam wrapped with duck tape and i wedged it in between the box and the trunk. my box is pretty big so there is only little space between the trunk and around the box. now that i know it makes a big difference, i am going to start thinking about doing something more permanent and better.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1250
haha! u used foam with duct tape! lol

on my old system that got jacked. i was facing them forward too. and i wanted to do what u did. so i put a bunch of pillows and towels around the box

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1251
i was trying to keep the trunk from rattling but it didnt work. i still kept them though.when they jacked me they took all my amps and subs but they left the pillows and towels.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us