Eclipse, treo, and RE

Bronze Member
Username: Theweasel

Post Number: 32
what would be the best set up. 1 15" eclipse titanium, 2 12" treo tsx, or 2 12" sx? looking for a sql driver and i can power them all sufficiently. i have room for about 5 cu ft box.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1644
what kind of power??
got the electrical system to handle the power??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i got a high output alternator and enough money saved up for an amp.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2754
i personally would choose the TSx's.

very loud subs...and they sound very good imo.
i haven't heard an Eclipse Titanium...or an SX.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i would get the sx's because they are super loud and with good sound quality

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
from what i have heard about re's on other threads everyone seems to think that re's are built very well and the sx are known for getting loud.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2757
from the way you talk it sounde like you are recommending them to yourself.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2758
i don;t understand why people ask for opinions about 2 or three subs, and then try to defend one brand while everybody gives their opinions.

not trying to start arguing, just trying to decipher your comments. lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
lol, its just that the only ones i've really heard about are re subs.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2759
don
t get me wrong, the RE subs are nice. but their are other subs out their that perform at just the same level.

the reason RE got so much attention for the longest time, and apparently still get it, lol, is b/c their subs are relatively cheap for the performance and reliability/durability you get from them.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1568
The 2 12" SX's would be loudest (two subs, duh) if you give them more power. But if you're using the same amp on all those setups, the Eclipse will be the performer...

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 545
that statement isn't always true you need to look at specs and all first. IMO, i'd invest in one Stereo Integrity Mag 15 and call it a day. The Eclipse is nice but I thought is was as good as its hyped to be. The SX are nice on SQ and has some good output. Having two will help.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 6407
Crystal comp x...period

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2211
Im with muddy, I had 2 12s TSXs and that sounded better than most Ive heard... SQ was superb!! Also broke my damn trunk with the 12s! I would give the 12s 1500rms, call that a day :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7082
good thing we all r not doctors cause we'd all have a different diagnosis & recommend a different type of surgery - lol

how about 1 15" AA Havoc .........Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
where do you find those havocs?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 172
http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
the havocs only go down to 32 hz. i want some really loud deeeeep bass, not high bass that booms.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 704
Really loud deep bass then you are not gonna get it out of those subs, need some EXCURSION! Try a new 06 XXX, a Treo SSX or CSX. Notice how I say a as in one, that is all you have room for unless you went with 12's, 5cf of space isn't gonna cut it. Polo..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
i'm down with the new XXX!!!! all i need is a 2500w amp, $750 for the 72 pound sub, a double mdf 8 cu ft box with a brace probably(which i can't fit), super ho alternator, deep cycle battery, about 11 layers of dynamat and i'd be set! All on a $900 budget! peice of cake.

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Post Number: 28
jw bout the treos cuz arent the tsx's supposed to b more spl wile the ssi's would b the thing to get for sql?? im not a pro thats jus wut iv read on other threads..

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1238
"i'm down with the new XXX!!!! all i need is a 2500w amp, $750 for the 72 pound sub, a double mdf 8 cu ft box with a brace probably(which i can't fit), super ho alternator, deep cycle battery, about 11 layers of dynamat and i'd be set! All on a $900 budget! peice of cake"

okay you dont have to get all an&l he's just giving advice if you dont want it just think that in your head dont be a pr!ck and why defend re so much it seems you already have it set in your mind you want re so just go get the sx and call it a day okay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
you don't have to get all anel an@l at me for making a joke. now i have heard that 2 12" alpine r's will get just as loud as the sx with just as good as sound quality, so now i have kind of ruled out re.
i'm just expressing my amazement on how serious of a system upgrade the new XXX would be over most other subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Nztunez

NelsonNew Zealand

Post Number: 35
50 suggestions later and the final answer is that they all will sound good IF you do a good job of installing them and run them off an appropriately powered amp. They all should make your ears ring nicely.

It's a good bet that only a handful of people here have ever heard all 3 of those you suggested and very doubtful they've heard them all with the same install specs so it's a moot point anyway really.

Get what your gut tells you and install them and enjoy...if they suck...rip them out and sell em and try something else. They are all respected brands so unless you are really fussy they should all be good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1573
I've got two of the new XXX's, but I'm not exactly sure what to do with them...

Silver Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 118
jake hill got any pictures i want to see them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 71
"you don't have to get all anel an@l at me for making a joke. now i have heard that 2 12" alpine r's will get just as loud as the sx with just as good as sound quality, so now i have kind of ruled out re.
i'm just expressing my amazement on how serious of a system upgrade the new XXX would be over most other subs."

I don't know where you heard that. To make type r's as loud as Sx's you'd have to majorly overpower them while keeping rms on the sx's, and this would only be in competition where you would tune your box over and over until its perfect. Most people who set up their systems dont take the time to make boxes good enough to make type r's = sx's. I'm not saying Sx's are simply amazing subs. I run two SX 12s on a KX2500.1 and I'm completely happy. I don't even look at upgrading it. I think with that setup you'd be very, very suprised. AND, If you are planning on getting a new xxx, thats just as much power as two SX need. You're looking at ~2.2-2.8k watts for both setups. So the electric upgrades arent all that you are making them out to be. Plus, 5ft^3 is about what you need for the SXs. My box is like 5ft^3 net size.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
when my freind was at an installer they had just put in 2 12" type r's into a 4.5 cu ft box tuned to 30hz. he said that that was louder than 1 re sx 15", not 2 12". they each had 800w rms going to them and they can easily handle that, ask rovin.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 294
i have a 15 eclipse ti, but i have not heard the other 2 on you list. it gets really loud and has good sq, the only problem i had is that it is actually 1500wrms not 750 like eclipse-web.com says so i had to get a bigger amp after i bought the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7193
Well ya i can vouch 4 my 2 Rs anytime day or night - yes there r better subs but very few in the price range that can beat it .
Very loud & CLEAN low bass - there r a few ppl here on this forum who wants 2 diss them prolly cause they heard a bad install with a crappy amp .

I had on my pair a MB Quart 1000wrms @ 1ohm amp & with a 3" pvc ported 1.65 cuft box tuned around 35Hz , they had my steeering column shaking in my ride ....

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/189456.html

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1262
yea the tis are really 1500rms not 750.

its 750rms for each voice coil

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 15
Havent heard the others but i love eclipse subs. Thinkin about getting me a 15" titanium myself. Clear and Loud if powered right

Gold Member

Post Number: 1575
I need to get my Jeep out and get the batteries charged up and get it tuned up so I can go bump around. We actually still have snow on the ground...

(Read my profile, you'll see what I'm talking about...)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us