Sony Xplod

Username: Mikewhite

Amherstburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
i got an '02 dodge neon, pretty crap, i'll admit lol. I want a cheap system, plan on spending between $200 and $300 bucks however, after reading all of this information about Sony Xplod and how reliable they are, I must reconsider. After looking on ebay, I found out you can get the speakers for real cheap, but I'm not looking for a high end, serious system though, all I want is something that I can listen to loud and that is better than what comes stock. Would anyone with xplod knowledge get back to me on this and let me know if it's even worth it, or what other brands would be a better choice? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Mrmikelazott

Independence, Oregon

Post Number: 105
alpine type r. about 99% of the people on this forum say that sony is crap. there are much better speakers out there. if you want coaxials you can get the alpine type r 6.5's for $89 at www.onlinecarstereo.com.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1636
sony xplodes pretty much do what they say, explode. not reliable, do not sound good, just a all around bad brand.

alpine type R's are ok. maby look at Infinity Kappa or Reference if your on a budget. what does that 200-300 have to buy??

Bronze Member
Username: Bachatero07

Post Number: 96
i would go with alpine or my personal budget favorites pioneers.

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 13
yeah i have type r 6.5's and they sound so much better compared to the sony speakers in my friends car. do yourself a favor and dont get sony. oh yeah and by the way i'm thinkin about gettin some cdt speakers but there so damn expensive. any other speakers just as good sq but a lil cheaper

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 272
whats all this talk about sony explodes all of a sudden

Bronze Member
Username: Dlenz4437

Post Number: 14
their crapy, pretty much one of the crapiest brands

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
i know i know but jus lately more people then usual have been speaking of them

Username: Mikewhite

Amherstburg, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
I just need i believe 2, 4 inches and 2, 6X9 inch, im thinking about putting subs in but then i gotta put an amp n that in too. Im just lookin for something loud is all...

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
look at some cheap mtx's or suttin they ar a million times better the sony

sony = worst car speakers and sub

Bronze Member
Username: Atterberry_2006

Montgomery, Missouri United states

Post Number: 49
i have sony xplods in my car and they are alright but i have already blow one of them. so i would not say they are the best because are a piece of crap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us