Need some speaker suggestions- - - price range (200-400)

Bronze Member
Username: Hackodis

Post Number: 20
I need some suggestions for speakers. I want something that will sound good, but not to expensive. I'll be pairing these speakers with a alpine tpe s sub. These speakers will going into a 91 ford f 150 regular cab. I might put them behind the seat, not 100% sure.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1637
Infinity, Alpine, CDT, JL, MB Quart...

what size??
coaxials or components??
how will you be powering them??
what size Type-S and how much power to it??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Size:either 5.25 or 6x9's not sure
What's the differnce?
Through a amp not sure what type
10" probaly 400 watts. It's gonna be used mostly to fill in the gaps.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 539
don't put speakers behind the seats, totally pointless. If its 6x9 you can probably get a 6.5in speaker in there. Either way I would suggest CDT audio. They're fit any budget and work very well in stock locations. If you have questions about CDT just ask me as I'm a dealer.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I'm not sure if the place i'm gonna buy from sells cdt audio. suggest another brand, i think i whould go with components.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 540
More than likely your shop doesn't sell CDT, but CDT is a great brand to get. Either CDT or Dyna and I doubt either can be found at your local shop. I would look outside local shop brands cause you usually get more for what you pay for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Is alpine good to go for ?? I want a middle system not to expensive and not to cheap

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1652
go with a round speaker, either 6.5 or 5.25. they will sound better then a 6x9.

components have a seperate tweeter, woofer and crossover system. generally sound better, louder because they can take more power, and give installation flexability. can be a little more involved to install though. coaxials have the tweeter mounted in middle of the woofer cone, all in one deal with no seperate crossovers. pop in replacement for factory stuff pretty much.

CDT's are good and they have just about anything you'd need. Alteraudio can sells CDT. Alpines are ok. i've used several speakers by alpine, but they can't seem to take any power.

have you looked online and compared prices against your local shop?? you can save a ton of money going online and installing yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I don't shop online. Personal reasons, ok suggest another brand besides alpine and cdt that is good.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 52
eD 6500's for $250 shipped to your door with a warr. Very good quality speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 565
he said he doesnt like to buy online. Justin do you know what brankds your local dealer sells?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
jbl, jvc, pioneer, phoenix gold, and alpine. I think there is a few more.

Now i want the speakers to match a 10" type s. I'm gonna be listening to alot of rock and roll. Nothing to bassy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Anyone else have some suggestion??

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 576
well asking online but not willing to shop online will lead to a very limited amount of offers. And from the looks at what you said your shop sells, he doesn't sell too much good stuff. No Bostons or JL, he must be really small. Out of those companies you mentioned alpine is your only good bet.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Yeah it's fairly small. So what whould you suggest from alpine ??

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5918
Alpine Type-X comps are the best bet from your options.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 580
What he said^^^

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
500 bucks, hmm a bit much. How bout the type r's ??
I may go with the type x, not 100% sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 59
Try to get over whatever fears you have of shopping online so you don't have to "settle" for what your shop offers. Or Take a road trip out of town and see what other places have to offer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5920
The Alpine MSRP is $450 in the US. You could print that page out from the Alpine site and hand it to the dealer if you wanted too, or just try to talk him lower than that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Well i'm 17, no credit card, parants don't have a credit card. I live in canada, hopefully i can get a good deal on my sound equipment

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
So if i don't want to spend 400 dollars is the type r's good ??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us