Hypothetical question

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 210
assuming subs of equal quality, would two 12 inch subs with an xmax of 15mm produce more spl than say one 12in sub with an xmax of 40mm?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineduder

Post Number: 22
HAHAHAH, just buy some XPLODS, i bought 3 XPLODS the othe day from walmart $99 a piece for each 12", $99!! is a great unfrickin-believable price. So i figured i would buy 3 of them, in a Jensen bandpass box. They are running like 3000W max, and that is unfreakin-believable for $99 each. They hit soo hard off of my 1000W Xplod amp, I only have 1000W for 3000W subs but hey, they are unbelievable..So for all u guys who spend all that money on alpine and JL Audio, just go down to walmart and pick up some Xplods, ull be happy u did....XPLOD FOR LIFE!!!!!!, I traded my type-x 12" for 3 xplod 12's and boy am i happy!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7023
ya that'll hit 190Dbs fo sure ........

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5479
in a ported enclosure yes the 2 12's would be louder due to surface area. In ported enclosure'e the sub soesnt rely on xmax but on motor strength. In a sealed enclosure it would be tough, although the sub with 40mm of xmax might be able to move a ton of air the 2-12's have double the surface area yielding 3db's for surface area, and 3db's for double power(hypothetical) so will the 40mm of xmax make up the added 6db's or 9db's to make a audible difference between the two I highly doubt it.

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 381
err do what?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineduder

Post Number: 23
My 3 12" Xplods hit 165 DB, the other day, no joke man, not even my rockford stage 1 12's could do that...so you can go eat some JL or apline and poopy outta XPLOD

SONY FOR LIFE.........JL goes Xplode lol

Bronze Member
Username: Liljohn88

Post Number: 29
man i wonder if Xplods can even handle half there rms rating im pretty sure that'd be a miracle though

Silver Member
Username: Newb

Post Number: 211
thx for the input guys. thats kinda what i figured since spl is roughly the sum of xmax and the surface area/diameter if the sub.

James, can you elaborate on how motor strength relates to this topic?

haha so if i get 3 xplods itll whoop some w7 azz....assuming the sony gear lasts longer than a week or doesnt catch on fire right?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 711
If that was soo much true then my three Fosgate PII's would put out more than my One RE sx15, lol, they don't not even close! Xmas really comes into play on the lower notes where peak excursion is really seen. Just remember, at peak a sub in a ported enclosure loses excursion so that is where BL and surface area would come into play, not to mention power. JMHO...Polo..

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 712
Oh one other thing, COL, YOU A FREAKIN MORON!Upload

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 581
haha polo thats funny and very sick... i hope that is not you

why is that you and me are the only ones on here sooo late??

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 714
Ya, I am drunk off my @ss, lol. Ummmm NO that isn't me, lol. Polo..Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7094
if thats true ^^^ - thats gotta be SOOOOOO embarassing ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us