New to car audio.....need suggestions

Username: Steven89593

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
hey im new to car audio and i was thinkin about starting out with 1 aubiobahn immortal 2000RMS, quad 4 ohms. i was wondering what would be the best amp to run off of. if u have any suggestions about better subs in the $400-$800 price range, plz tell...i want something with clean, loud a*s, trunk rattling power. also i dont want the battery to die or blow lots of fuses so what else would i need to make the perfect system

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3411
don't buy the audiobahn. with your price range get the new re xxx. i have heard the older xxx and it sounds awesome. i am sure the new will be better than the older one.

Bronze Member
Username: Re_baby

Okc, Ok Usa

Post Number: 21
if i had that money i would get the re xxx 15 or the new re mx 15

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 514
You will need a high output alternator (200 amps or higher), a deep cycle battery (such as kinetik or optima yellow top), and an upgrade to a larger wire gauge of the "big 3" (the power wire going from your alternator to your positive battery terminal, the ground going from somewhere on your engine block to your neg battery terminal, and the ground going from your chassis to your neg battery terminal)

I would also recommend one new 15" RE XXX (will be available in the next couple weeks, for around $700 shipped, 2000 watts RMS) in a ported box.

It will totally and unmercifully dominate your stock speakers though (you won't even be able to tell they are playing while the bass is hitting), and if you go through all this time and money to set this monster up, you will then be forced to upgrade to some good components inside to be able to keep up.

So you need to decide how much money you are going to spend, and how serious you want your system to be. :-)

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
what are the re xxx pumping out? i want between 1500-2000watts...also, what do u think a good amp to run the re xxx would be?

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 4
well im willing to spend up to $4000 for the complete system so yeah tell me the best, complete system that you can think of.. thanx for the replys btw

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 5
also can some1 provide a link to the re xxx so i can take a look at em...i looked around but couldnt find em

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2150
ohh man the perfect thing for u sexakin69 would be a 15 inch XXX in bout 5-8 cubes at 28Hz with a Viper 2500.1

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 6
what do u guys think of soundstream subs/amps?

Brooks, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 7
what do u guys think of soundstream subs/amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us