Eclipse Da7122 w/ eclipse aluminums

Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 6
(Its a mono amp) Says its not bridgeable, can i use this amp for 2 eclipse aluminums? How much power will this give each sub and at what impedence?
They are dvc and I believe 3ohms a piece. Model 88120dvc

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 7
anyone? help please

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 522
I believe those subs are dual 4ohm. If so, that gives you a net load of 1 ohm when wired parallel/parallel. Your amp can't handle that. Your amp is rated at 950 watts rms @ 2ohms. You will have to wire your subs series/parallel. This will net a load of 4 ohms. Your amp will put out around 650 watts rms @ 4 ohms. Considering your subs can handle 500 rms apeice, you will only be giving them 60 percent of the power they can handle. Also, if you hook to subs up to one amp through the same channel(your amp only has one channel any ways) the power is evenly dissipated through each driver. Each of your subs would recieve half of the power the amp is putting out.

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 8
yea I can't find my owner's manuals to look at the specs and they are hard to find online so I dont know if they are 3ohm or 4. I believe they are 3 because the newer version of the aluminums are 3.

What amp would work with these subs then?
Thanks for the help

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 523
If they are 3 ohms wire them series/parallel. This will give you a net load of 3 ohms. This will give you somewhere between 800-850 rms. Around 400 a sub. Since those subs are rated at 500 rms you wont be far off. Also, that 100 watts won't make much of a difference. For example= If you are run a subwoofer with a 100 watt amplifier and want it to be twice as loud(A 10 decibel increase) you would have to give it 10 times as much power, or 1000 watts rms. So going from 400-500 watts isnt really that big of a step.

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 9
thanks nick, you were right..they are 4ohm. Any other amp recommendations then?

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1560
Try an Orion 2500D or something of the like that will run at 1 ohm...

(This is my first post in forever...)

Bronze Member

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 11
What about a bxi2006d hifonics amp? 2000watts into 1ohm. Good amp? Heard good and bad about them, but haven't gotten a good answer yet. How are they compared to older hifonics models? Still overatted?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us