About To Buy Component Speakers And Kick Panels

Bronze Member
Username: Edown

Post Number: 16
I'm about to purchase some Q-forms Kick Panels for my 85' S-10 Blazer SUV and outfit them with a Polk Audio db5250 component system, but I don't know if I really want to pay that much. I'm connecting them to a Pioneer DEH-P7600MP deck without an amp. My question is, is this a good buy and is it wise to hook up those component speakers without an amp to this particular deck?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 534
no its not a good idea. The Q logic kicks suffocate the woofers and the component setup needs more than a simple 17rms from the HU ( and no the HU doesn't put out 25rms, its much closer to 17rms). Invest in an amp or get coaxials and mount them in the doors.

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1617
definally stay away from thoes POS Q-Forms. they aim all over the place, cheap plastic, and look funny if you put a smaller then 6 and 1/8th inch speaker in them. yeah, not 6.5 but 6 1/8th, lol.

if you are gonna go with kick panels, spend the extra money for some custom made ones.

components need more power like Alteraudio said, 12-17 WRMS from the HU won't cut it.

Kicks don't usually work well in trucks either...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Great information guys, thanks. I knew those kick panels weren't all they were cracked up to be. I do have a spare Lightning Audio B2.150.2 amp collecting dust. Do you think this would get the job done?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1638
whats the power on that?? 50-75 watts X 2?? if so thats enough for a decient set of comps.

definally stay away from thoes Q-Logic things though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Yes it's something to that degree (the amp) but I think it's got a tad more power than that. On the box it came in it had 150 x 2 speakers on it, but I know you can't really trust published specs that much because companies tend to over-exaggerate their products. To give you a better overall idea of how powerful it is, I had this amp hooked up to two 10's and they beat the block pretty damn hard. I think the power setup should be efficient, as you already mentioned, so thanks. And by the way, do you know of any component speakers that have good reviews besides Polk around the $150-$230 maybe price range? I basically have two 12's in the back, rear speakers for fill (nobody really sits in the back), fade most of my treble to the front (hence the tweeters), and I'm expecting to get a good midrange from the components (because sometimes the sub doesn't pick up certain db's). This configuration will tide me over for a while, I just need a good mid as the sub gets most of the lows. Any more good tips/advice?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1670
in that range, CDT or Infinity. but out of thoes, i'd choose the Polk MOMO's personally. best thing to do is try and listen to them and see what you like.

also, if you fade to the front, why not take out the rears, leaving the holes open for the bass to enter the listening area more easily.

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 39
I have Q-Logic kick panels, with a component set in them and a component set in my doors and just the kick panel speaker is louder than just the door speaker. Since the speaker is pointed at me it makes all the difference. I wont ever take the kick panels out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Good idea, brandon! I just might do that. I didn't know that the rear speakers affect the bass setup. I think I'm gonna go the store and check out some comp. systems. Thank you everybody for your input!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us