Hooking up an ipod

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 422
So i got a new car (newer*) and left my old sony HU in it. Looking for something new...but want to be able too hook up my ipod like i did before, and still control it on the ipod, not the deck. Is there anyway to accomplish this with an alpine deck?? They seem like you need the Kia 420c thing or w/e its called....thx

O give me some good reccomendations for a nice HU for ~200

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1826
you will have to run the rca adapter for the ipod into an Auxilarry input on radio

Bronze Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 24
If you don't have an AUX in on your deck you can use the changer plug in the back and convert it to rca in and then use an rca to mini-plug that will run to your iPod. I did the same thing with my Pioneer deck becuase I like the controls to be on the iPod. It depends on which Alpine unit you have that determines exactly which cable you need, but I explained it in a decent amount of detail with links for somebody else on another board who has the Alpine 9856. Here's the link to that post, it's the second post on the page and I talk about the Alpine iPod cable first, and then the alternative that I used which is probably what you'd want to do.

http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56135&perpage=20&pa genumber=3
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us