Question for any car audio dealers...

Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 1
I recently had my subwoofer sent off to the kenwood factory and it was supposed to be returned in 2 weeks... the silicone was peeling around the cone... its been 4 weeks tomorrow and the dealer told me that if it wasnt in by fri. they would take in my old set up and replace it with something brand new... do you think theyll try to jip me on this and give me something cheap because my subs were the last dual voice coil in this model... what will they do?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 437
not sure, i would hope they would give u the same model, you can look at this as a good thing, perfect time to do a sub upgrade to something a lil better, but if you like your subs then disreguard this. hope it turns out ok

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 2
thanks man, its the kenwood excelon db+'s they hit alright but ive really been looking into an upgrade... just need the money first lol.

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 3
bassfishing, what would u recommend for an upgrade? its gotta fit in a honda civic though.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 441
how much cash are you willing to spend on damaging your ears. ha. but really im an sql guy more on the sq side.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 442
i dont know why this didnt go to the top of the forum, so i hope this post does it

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 5
umm id be willing to spend up to $500 on subs cause id need a new amp to push em. like $1000-$1200 all together amp+subs

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 444
wow thats some cash. i bet someone who is more familliar with companies like RE could help you out. from what i heard on this forum you can also check out, ascendant audio, treo engineering, digital designs, and image dynamics, and jl. try to figure out how big of a box u could fit in the trunk. and keep in mind if you want to keep any trunk space, or donate it all to the bass.

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 6
i want something to drain the wax from my ears lol.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1548
well im not sure how big a civic is, so im not sure if a 15 would fit, so either a 12or15 RE sx, and a re12.1 amp, the subs are around $250 and the amp is $390, that would get loud and have decent sq. or could look into the new re mx, i heard its just as loud as the sx with better sq.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2138
civics are small...dont think a 15 will fit...but he could get a 12 inch MT :-), or he could get a 12 inch XXX and a Viper 2500.1

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2140
if u get the MT, get it ordered dual 2 ohm coils and get 2 viper 2500.1's, one per coil...but i guarntee u dont have a ho alt

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1549
the xxx would have to have a huge box, the mt would get loud, but he would have to get like dual 250amp alt just to run the amps, me i would still get the mx or sx and the 12.1 then spend the rest of the money on a SS or TCAB box.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 510
I'm sure when he says he wants the wax to drain from his ears he doesn't know the true power or the new XXX or an MT because if you didn't notice he had kenwood before, but who knows. Plus you have to take account for a new HO alternator, big 3 upgrade, 0 gauge wiring, box, maybe extra battery and all that stuff can top $1000 total.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us