1.5 to 2k, on a system, what should i get?

Username: Sandman454

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 3
Hey like I said I have about 1.5 to 2k to spend on a system, i was thinking going 2 kicker l7 12's and a kicker 2500.1, with a clarion deck.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2131
ok, i saw where u posted for those type X's.
get those

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 4
I am looking for as high spl system, and i am trying to do it reasonably cheap

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 145
joshua, i see your at the subase in groton. if you don't want to spend all your $ but want something good and loud i have a pair of alpine type r's, 12" dvc, for sale, and i'll throw in a sealed box to. if you want them email me:
landerfield@sbcglobal.net

i live in groton and work on base so that would be no problem for me to get them to you.

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 5
No i want more than type R's there good, but i want to hit over 140 db, and i also want to have an impressive system.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 146
just thought you might want them. and they do probably hit over 140. i had them in a ported box with a kicker 1200.1 and they hit hard, i actually beat a few people on base and still had better sq than most.

but if you know anybody that might want them let me know, they only have about 10, maybe 15 hours of play on them.

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 6
I would go to subscol on like a saterday at like 11 or 12 o clock, i had like 2 fostgate 12 p2's and I sold them to a guy for like 400, and i didnt pay nearly that much, subscolers are easly persuaded into that stuff. All i know is that when i get back from Iraq Im going to have the best system on base.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 147
you'll be hard to beat my system, when i get the money!lol

but if you want something that definately beats anybody there, since no one in this area really knows much of car audio, i'd suggest either a havoc, treo ssx, the new xxx, or a pair of sx's.

i would say stay away from the kicker solo's. everybody there has them, they sound like sh$t, and from what i've heard and been told they don't hold up well. just my 2 cents. and don't go to any of the local car audio shops, unless you know someone you'll get ripped off.

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 7
Well where do I go to get all of those subs that you were talking about???

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 148
http://www.reaudio.com/

http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html

http://www.treoonline.com/index.html

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 149
just remember you're going to need a ho alt.

also, if you need a ported box made for you, hit me up. i aint the best at building them but i can get a good price from one of the local shops for you.

Groton, Ca Us

Post Number: 8
Where are you going to get a good deal at, norwich, or something like that. Yeah I have a honda civic ex and i would like a custom enclosure, also what kinda great amp could i get for like 500$, i am also looking at some of the clarion decks, what do you think???

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 150
with a civic, i'd suggest a really good 15" or pair of 12" like above. others would disagree, but i would stay away from the kickers, good spl but horrible sq.

i could get a deal from a shop here in new london cause i've done business with the owner before. custom enclosure though might be tough. just let me know when you get back and i'll try to hook it up.

amp-basically you'll have to pick out a sub so you know how much power you're going to need and go from there. also do you want brand new from authorized dealer or you wulling to buy from ebay or online store.

clarion, i liked there older stuff better, and there not much to look at. i'd go with a pioneer premier or alpine for first choices.

and don't forget you'll have to upgrade to a ho alt. to when running that much power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us