Help With Wiring Speakers to amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Error_505

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 57
I'm buying a Rockford Fosgate T4004 4 channel amp. It is to run 2 kenwood 4 way 6x9's and fosgate 4x6 plates in the front dash. My question is can I use channels 1 & 2 for the front 4x6's and bridge channels 3 & 4 to run my 6x9's. I don't remember the specs on the 6x9's or the 4x6's. Right now they are running on a Jenson 600 watt amp and sound nice.

T4004 Power Amp Specs:
25x4 at four ohms
50x4 or 200x2 at two ohms
100x4 at one ohm
12 dB per octave crossover
Remote bass controller
2.3H x 12.8Wx 16.3L

Thanks,
Andy

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1571
why do you want to bridge the rear?? you should just run fronts to channel 1 and 2, rears to channels 3 and 4, everything on its own channel, no bridging.

if you just went with a set of 6X9's with no tweeters, just the woofers, then you could bridge the rear just for fill and that would be good.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 58
I wanted to bridge the rear so I could get a lil more power to the 6x9's. I have a T5002 for the P2 12's in the back. It's a camaro so the sound stage is a lil off if I don't use front speakers. I'm gonna add tweets to and run them straight from the radio. It's 50x4 watts with 3 rca outputs (Rear, Front, Subs). SO your saying I should not bridge the rear channels for more power to the 6x9's? They will only be getting 50 watts when I can let them have 100 watts.

Thanks for the input!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1810
if you bridge your 6x9s, your going to burn the channels out, the ohm load is 2 low to bridge, 2 4ohm will give you 2ohm load.

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 59
Do you think that It will be OK power for the 6x9's? This is the specs off the fosgate site. How should I run them to get the best performance? I know that 50 per channel for the front is ok. I'm just worried I won't get good sound with 50 watts on my 6x9's. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Andy

50 W x 4 @ 4 Ohms RMS
100 W x 4 @ 2 Ohms RMS
200 W x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged RMS

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1816
it should be fine....

Bronze Member

Amory, MS USA

Post Number: 60
Thanks for the help and ease of mind. I thought I bought the wrong dang amp again....lol I finally got the T5002 for my P2 12's SVC 4 ohm like you all said I should get. Can't wait to get it all switched over. I will post pics when I'm done with my install. Thanks for all your help!!!
Andy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us