How to do a hair trick

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 309
can you tell me how many db i need to make a hair trick and it is posible to do one with a single sx 18 inch in a 9.8 ported enclosure tuned to 34 hz ina ford explorer right now i have 600 rms how many watts do i need to make one thanks

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 677
just get a blow dryes and it moves your hair kinda like bass......

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 310
well u got a point there but i mean how to do a hair trick with subs

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2420
no number you have to hit. its about how much air your moving. yes one 18 sx can do a hair trick. maybe not the greatest one but it can do one. lower frequencies are better too. oh and 600w.... idk tell us. lol. but of course it'd be easier with 1000+

Silver Member
Username: Nemen

Post Number: 678
why you wanna be able todo hair tricks to scare people lol its easier to do hair tricks with girls since their hair is loose and sh!t.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 311
yeah im plannig to get a precicion power dcx 1500.1 it will be posible to that with that set up

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 312
yeah i ride with the shortys and i want them to get scare

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 313
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 317
mon any ideas to make a hair trick

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2137
yea, get your port way way bigger.. :-) But Trevor is correct, you need the lower freqencies, and you need the right "cabin" to build your pressure up! :-)

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 318
dude the port is like 100 sqinches or more and is tuned to 34-32 hz the port i think is right and wat u mean "the right cabin"

Username: Ear_splitter

Post Number: 1
re audio is nothing but Sh** you are on crack its all about JL Audio

Username: Ear_splitter

Post Number: 2
I've got 2 W7's and a JL 2500 watt amp pushin a 1 ohm freq. It Hurts!!!!! 15" re anint got sh**

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2140
"dude the port is like 100 sqinches or more and is tuned to 34-32 hz the port i think is right and wat u mean "the right cabin" " lilrob

:-) read it again buddy, your port is tiny compared to a spl port man... those hair tricks, those are "spl" setups man.. lol
"cabin" is where you and your passengers are seated. :-)

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2141
"I've got 2 W7's and a JL 2500 watt amp pushin a 1 ohm freq. It Hurts!!!!! 15" re anint got sh**" cody B

JL 2500rms? Jl subs dont wire down to 1 ohm?? :-(

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 319
yeah there are no 2500 watts jl amps and w7 are 3 dual coilso b its right it cant be wired down to 1 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 131
"JL 2500 watt amp" uh.. LOL

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 510
The port surface area on my box is 300 sqin.(for 4 15's). Tuned to 30 hertz. Running subs with an Orion 2500d @ 1 ohm. I burp my car @ 27 cycles for the hair trick. Also, I drive a Minivan.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Cancun, Mexico U.S.

Post Number: 6372
Cody is either another noob or someone tryin to be funny

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 674
yea. i am guessing we wont be seeing him again, after a comment like that.

"15" re anint got sh**"

well he doesnt have an RE re, he has a freakin 18" SX!

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 320
im the one that has an 18 inch sx so u suggest me to make a bigger port but if i do that i will lose some sq right

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Cancun, Mexico U.S.

Post Number: 6379
yep

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2591
rob,

100sq inches of port is enough for that SX18...the larger the port area you go, the longer the port will have to be to tune it to the same freq. (given the same net airspace in box)

To do a hair trick in an Explorer...its gonna take alot. All that airspace in the vehicle makes it difficult. It also depends on how the vehicle 'loads'.

w/ my sx15, i can do hair trick...no steve meade style one, but a hair trick not the less. (its in a ext cab truck though..alot less airspace than that Explorer)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2431
yeah if youve seen TCAB box for 2 12s he has i think 4 4 inch or 4 6 inch port and does hair tricks quite well. you dont need 300sq inches of port... im confident i will be able to do one in a caddy truck with 100sq inches and 2 15 mags.... i hope im right...

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 646
Hair tricks are done with lowwwww frequency. Lower the frequency higher the excursion, more excursion more air being moved then you get some hair flying. Try playing some Young Jeeze "Soul Survivor" as loud as you can without clipping then close all windows except one which you can start half way. Practice with a towel and not a cheap thin one, lol. The Tcabs have a lot of port for sure, the one with the two type r's uses four 6" aero's, a definate SPL box. I think that one does 154.7 playing music, mine is a Tcab and uses four 4" Aeros, more conservative but still moves a lot of air but I don't have a chick willing to do the hair trick, can someone here lend me one, lol ...Polo :-O

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 258
gansta
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us