Edead! Opinions? Type to get?

Silver Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 125
I'm going to buy some of this stuff, but my question is.. anyone have any experience with it? I figure i'll be needing a decent amount of it, so I dont want to buy it if it wont work well.

And what about the paint on stuff? That just sounds too good to be true..

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
Im thinking 50 sq ft to be sure lol. I dunno, the paint sounds really cool but messy.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2425
i have yet to use any... but suposedly you want the v1se. it sticks better than the v1. you can look into fatmat as well. and the paint stuff.. ive heard its better to use that stuff with mat as well.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2426
oh and what are u covering? im planning on using like 150-200 sq feet ... although i have a fullsize SUV

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
Wow, thats a lot. I figured just my entire trunk and some in the door panels someday lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Hm.. I'd like to not have to increase my costs by .60 a foot lol, thats a big price jump for 50 ft. I think I'll be able to make v1 work.. hmhm

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2135
"I'm going to buy some of this stuff, but my question is.. anyone have any experience with it? I figure i'll be needing a decent amount of it, so I dont want to buy it if it wont work well.

And what about the paint on stuff? That just sounds too good to be true.." James Palanza

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I too have the same question... :-)
Whats the absolute best?? And whats priced best with quality??

"oh and what are u covering? im planning on using like 150-200 sq feet ... although i have a fullsize SUV" Trevor

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder if I need that much to do my car, 2-3 times?

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
Well, i went with 50 sqft of v1 so i'll let you guys know.

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 524
i've used it all

Edead V3, good stuff but not alone. Put down the mat first and then paint the stuff on top. This can help give it a solid finish but also helps add a little weight to keep the rattling down. If you put it on alone it'll help with a little flexing but nothing big.

Edead V1- stuff is best used on floors or flat horizontal surfaces. DO NOT PUT ON VERTICAL SURFACES OR UPSIDE! The adhesive qualities are not that good in hot temperatures and will start to peel off or slope if done on doors and walls. Also as a side note its asphalt based.

Edead V1SE- this is buytl based and has better adhesive qualities than the V1. I am not too impressed with the adhesive qualities as it does tend to get air bubbles. With all types of deadening it is best to prep the area. I used this on my trunk lid and sidewalls.

Edead is a good budget deadener to use without killing your bank. Considering when I got mine I paid 56$ for 20ft of V1 and 20ft of V1SE shipped to my house, i'm quite happy. I will probably get one layer of either 2nd skin or dynamat extreme to go over my entire trunk likd to cover everything up and make it look all nice or fiberglass something on the trunk lid. But like I stated V1 is good for the floor on which adhesive qualities aren't much needed. I don't see the benefit of spending like 100$ for 20ft of dynamat to cover my floor. On the sidewalls and trunk lid I do see a need for adhesive qualities so getting the v1se and or 2nd skin or dynamat would be good to not have the mat slide down and leave a gooey residue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us