How do the jl xr series comps compare

Bronze Member
Username: Gage

Post Number: 91
how do the jl xr series comps compare to others in the price range off about 200 dollars for the fronts and 200 for the back and can you fit 6x8 where 6x9 are supposed to be or would i have to buy a peice

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1799
xrs do not come in 6x9, and you would use the 5x7, and before that, i would use a coax 6.5 in rear. i run them in my titan on a 450/4, they sound great.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
i know they dont i was wondering if it would be smart to put 5x7/6x8's in where my 6x9's are supposed to go and how would they stack up to some of the higher end cdt stuff

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1576
you can fit anything you want in the stock hole if you have the skills or money to. typically round speakers will sound better then oval, but most people can't tell the difference. you'll pick up a little more bass from an oval speaker due to cone area.

JL XR's are great for the money. i've had CDT's HD models and i like the XR's better. i perfer a metal tweeter, although now you can get any tweeter you want for the CDT's at a resonable price. before it was like $300 to change. which CDT models are you looking at to compare to the JL XR's?? have you looked at any other brands besides JL and CDT??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
not really i heard that the jls were good and alter told me that the cdt stuff was really nice but i didnt really want to spend much more than 200 each set and thats what the xr's are and then i was wondering if i should stick with the 6x9 or go with a 6.5

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1593
best thing to do, especially with speakers, is try to listen to then before you get them. you'd be supprised how different 2 sets can sound while playing the same song. only other brand i can think of for that price would be Infinity, Kappas or Reference.

i'd either make or buy an adaptor plate and pur 6.5's in thoes 6x9 holes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us