Car audio in the house

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 290
i am trying to figure out a good way to put my car amp in my room to power my car sub in my room. the best setup i can think of is putting a car battery in my room and hooking the battery charger on it to power my amp but the charger can only charge at 10 amps and my amp is 1200 watts rms, you do the math. is there a better way, like something i can plug in the wall that will power my amp or something or should i give up on the whole thing?

Username: Blk02ss

Post Number: 10
they make home amps to hook subs upto

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_amplifiers/by_power .shtml

Bronze Member
Username: Riano

Post Number: 32
id personally give up ive tried this too its alot more work then it seems i just gave up and put them where they belong.. in a trunk

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 309
I have a stereo that puts out 140 RMS at 8 ohms from the sub output. I hooked it up to an audiobahn sub of mine at 4 ohms, and it plays pretty loud seeing that everytime I turn it up, I get a call from my neighbor telling me to turn it down (even with my and their windows and doors closed).

Silver Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 105
Get a Dc power supply. i got a raidoshack 25 amp DC power supply and hook it up to my deck and then to JL 500/1 and a Jl 12w6v2 and it sound pretty decent. It Don't bump to hard because of the little current

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 840
get a sealed lead acid battery and a battery charger, but still the best way is to get an amplifier that you can plug into your wall.

Silver Member
Username: Graphix1

Santa Rosa Heights, Arima Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 820
how many amps does a sla hold

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7001
u still waking jed ^^^^^^^^^........

Silver Member

Post Number: 821
yea....ah sleep rather late 2day nah...

Btw.....lucas i have 2 13.8v 7.5ah sla's

Bronze Member
Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 14
go to the local audio shop, how do u think they do it? power converters, they can help u

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 842
Large power supplies are generaly expensive. I was thinking of one of those battery chargers used to jump you car and puts out like 50amps. I doubt that it can put out 50 amps very long though. maybe you could put a fan on it and run it longer.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 514
http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/mdl/PS86KX/detail.asp

get that.

Bronze Member
Username: Jl_rock

Temecula, California U.S.

Post Number: 49
can you wire a car sub in your house? if so i think i would rather do that because my car sucks as.s!

if you can wire it in a house is it the same?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 516
Car subs and home audio subs are generally different. Many car audio subwoofers have an FS (resonance frequency) around 30 hertz. Home audio drivers are ussually around 15-20 hertz. Due too the high FS of the car sub, it will have a hard time reproducing notes below 30 cycles. It won't work in a conventional home theatre vented alignment b/c you shouldnt tune below a drivers FS and most home vented applications tune around 18-24 cycles. Basically, a car subs response is designed for a car, not your living room.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 843
well put^^^
although a sealed box maybe ok, but damn just get a sub and amp designed for home use

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 844
Nester are those sla's you have the little ones that u get at bass pro shop or academy outdoors?

Silver Member

Post Number: 823
i live in the caribbean so i dont know what ur talkin about...lol

but it looks like this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Lead_acid_cell.jpg

i got them from house alarms ....btw how many amps do they hold

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 845
yeah, thats the one. the amps should be labeled on the battery, but typicall that size is 7 amps. too small for car audio really.

Bronze Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio

Post Number: 45
ive made a ht sub outa car sub two kicker 8 inch comps sounded good and still gets low enough to rumble....just get plate amp from parts express.. it,ll work.. here this summer im building a ported box for my stroker 15 and turning it into a ht sub.. thats if i decide to get a stroker pro 15...the regular stroker i have its fs is 30 i think and i have no doubt that it will hit low enough..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us