Alteraudio USA demo car!

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 515
Well, i've been working on getting the demo atleast to useable condition. I got everything in now in a setup that i'll probably stay with and now just need to tidy things up.

So here's my setup

HU- Eclipse 8454, awesome HU but I think i need to send mine in as the display keeps on freezing up but o well its awesome

Doors- CDT Eurosport ES-600 with the optional braxial mounting for the drt-26 tweeter

Kicks-CDT High Definition HD-5's

rear- None for now, I may get some midbass drivers but probably not, with the active 3way setup up front I don't even notice I'm missing the rears

Subwoofer-Stereo Integrity Mag 15 in a sealed 2.45cu ft box

Amps-
-Monitor 1 MK2.70 running to the ES-600 playing 80-400hz
-Monitor 1 MK2.70 running to the HD-5 and drt-26 using the satnet 480 crossover
-Concept CC-D1200 running the SI Mag 15 obviously wired to 1ohm

The midbass is nice and true and blends very nicely with the Mag. Volume level is incredible as it just gets louder and louder. I do need to work on controlling the highs so I may put a lp-1 remote on them. Used some TA on the highs and mids and its quite nice. Soundstage was setup properly using the Euphoric Midnight bass CD from Sounddomain using disc 4. Polarity and imaging were all taken care off and all the sound is audible right at dash level, not high on the A-pillar but not low in the kick its right at steering wheel height. My door had to be cut into where the stock grill is because the bracxial mounting was just hitting the panel and the bottom of the panel wouldn't pop in. I put a 6.5 CDT grill over the stock one and cut out the inside part. I need to paint the surrounding area to match the grill and may get some grill clothe to cover up the inside hole as the bright yellow ES woofer is a little obvious and distracting. I did find that the sub gets a little loose on Lullaby but I may need to work on the crossover points a little and make sure the holes where I drilled for the wires were sealed up right. Overall I'm quite happy with the results and I'll get pics up tomorrow night on it.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 857
Awesome, please post pics whenever you have time!

Silver Member
Username: Vinnyqh

Portland, OR

Post Number: 196
why did you go with the cd8454? why not the cd8053?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 518
8053 is a great HU but would you pass up getting a fully warranted 8454 for 214$??? Plus I like the memory card feature which I hope to use soon.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Post Number: 2312
What kind of ride is this again?

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 519
2003 Galant, heres my SD page

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/2234573

there are some pics of the kicks. Its far from finished but in working order and let me see how the imaging is. Quite nice and midbass is good but not overbearing. Mixes very well with the 15 in the back. I'll probably paint the kicks and see how I like it and if I don't i'll vinyl them. I have thought about a microfiber too but I'll have to see how hard that is to work with. Also the doors had to be trimmed to allow room for the braxial mount so i'll be working on the grill now. I think i'll make the grill to cover the opening except around the woofer or I may build a pod on the panel and then build a angled pod on the inside to image the woofer better in the door. So many choices.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2316
"there are some pics of the kicks. Its far from finished but in working order and let me see how the imaging is."

Sweet. What is your finishing method? I'm still trying to determine my own (for the a-pillar 1" and 3"). In the sanding stage now, but was leaning toward a factory matched vinyl. Not so much the fan of a car with interior trim painted the same as the exterior. Was just curious of your direction though.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 527
not much of a painted look either but may try that route first and then go for vinyl. I am not sure as I am trying to find a vinyl with a good backing that will adhere to the super 7 spray glue or if someone else knows a better spray adhesive. I have been looking at the www.selectproducts.com page and their different vinyls and fabrics. A few other options on there look intriguing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2325
Here's another one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8259824488&ru=http://elec tronics.search.ebay.com:80/8259824488_Car-El

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 533
how come those links never work for me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2327

Never really been the cpu guy, but here's the item #: 8259824488

Gold Member

Post Number: 2328
on www.ebay.com that is.

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 535
o wow, thats a pretty good deal on it, just wonder what type of backing is on that vinyl.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2174
hey alteradudio, sweet setup man!! :-) Those kicks looks good, I may need you to come up with a design for me... I would also love to take a listen of the SQ setup :-) Just getting somethings organized at the house, so ive been busy, but its FRIDAY already... WOW!!!

get with me this weekend man... Im droping u my cell # to your email address. :-) we will get up and talk, Ill let you hear my bass, cause its all I have for now... :-(

Silver Member

Concord

Post Number: 536
lol....sounds good definitely want to hear them treo's. I think I am off on Sunday but don't know if i'll be in Concord or Charlotte but i'll give you a call.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2226
bump... PM sent.. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us