Pioneer DEH-p7600MP vs 760MP Alpine 9830

Username: Dblott

Post Number: 5
Looking to spend around 250ish on a new HU. what is the main difference between the pioneer 7600mp and the "premier" 760mp? all i can see is that the premier version has the color display and is a little bit cheaper? or does the 7600 also have color(or just that blue). i really like the looks of the displays in either case, but i hear great things about alpine and so was also looking at the 9830. although the display seems rather cramped and plain. anyone have either of the pioneers and can comment on the displays and SQ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2628
the Premiere line is Pioneer's upper end stuff. usually better warranty, higher line voltages, few more features, things like that

maestro from canada
Unregistered guest
I was also looking at the Pionner 7600, but it only has 2.2V pre-outs. I have been told I would be better off to go with the Alpine 9830 because of the 4V pre-outs. Can somebody tell me what the "real" difference will be with the higher pre-outs? Does it mean more power and better sound quality? I am getting middle-of-the-road alpine speakers (4" fronts, 5 1/4" rears, and one 12" sub --> all type-s) so i'm not sure if the alpine would make that much of a difference. I will be running the sub off a Rockford Fosgate 3001 amp (300w rms @ 2 ohms) and a Rockford Fosgate 4004 amp for the speakers. I realize that some of us have much higher-end stuff, but this system sounds like it would be pretty decent in my Toyota Celica. It fits the budget I have to work with in otherwords. I have the pioneer 6600 right now, and am reasonably happy with it, as it seems to have quite a bit of control for audio adjustments. Saying this, does anyone know of a Premiere model that is comparable to the 7600 or 9830 but has 4V pre-outs (like the 9830)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us