Look like a 300A alt?

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 592
How can you tell a 300A alt? At first it kinda looked like a stock unit unil I held it up to the stock one. The stock unit all of a sudden looked much smaller than I remembered, lol. here are some pics, what ya think? Polo..

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 593
SH!T @SS SITE, SORRY DOUBLE BUBBLE, LOL.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1540
its not really the size of the case that maters, its the guts.

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 594
its not really the size of the case that maters, its the guts.

Ya, up until a certain amount of amps, mine 200A before they had to go to a large case unit. There is only soooo much you can place inside of a stock case and have it reliable. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1544
well of course.

my 200 amp Iraggi is in a smaller case then the old 160 amp i burned up and the stock. also sits at 110 at idle. i've had no problems at all with it, great alt!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 596
Ya, I thought when I opened it there was a stock cased unit until I opened the hood of my car and held them next to each other. I also decided to weight the unit and at 15lbs figured it was quite heavy, lol. Polo.. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11422
only ay you tell is on a meter uner load.

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 660
Polo... you put it on yet ? if not keep us updated .. pullys alot smaller too aint it lol.. yeah mine was slightly larger an the pully was much smaller as well an it was a 300amp alt with the little green sticker so many of us are familar with lol

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 602
Hmmmm, I ain't got no little green sticker either! What does this little sticker say and where is it located? Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 664
Polo, Lol My Bad Man i was talking about the little Green Excessive Amperage Stickers that comes on Excessive amperage HO alts

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2095
Its a Irragi alternator... 300a has to have a large casing! Also Brandon in a small case alternator, you are limited to power @ idle output!
The only way to tell if the output is to put a clamp on the wires and test. You must also load the system down....
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/197439.html

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2096
Stop takin pictures, and hook it up.. LOL Then turn that shh up LOUD!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 605
It's on B! It took me sh!t you not, 15 mins while drinking some beer, lol. The fit was perfect. Dom E-mailed to assure me that is was a SPECIAL order large case, same mount 300A Bosch unit, with there overdrive pully it runs over 200A at idle and 300A max at 2000 rpms, not too shabby, lol. I am awaiting the 1/0 ga wire for the big three to happen but I installed it anyways but will limit myself to the one sx1250 for the meantime. I have a couple of spools on there way but they are the same color got a discount on them (2x25'). Here is a picture, kinda looks like punkin head, lol.. Polo. :-OUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 60
hi polo where did you get this alternator from? cuz i'm looking for a alternator that puts more at idle. and how much did you pay for it?

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 620
I got it from Iraggi and because it was a very hard to find item, cost me $484.10 shipped, I have seen some cost quite a bit more. The fit and quality was perfect..Polo..

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2102
:-) why 15mins drinkin beer isnt bad at all... lol
:-) get that big3 wired quick, also extra wire will help alot!! Atleast run 2 strains of 0/1 from alt pos to batt pos!!! I just installed my other bs battery i had back into the trunk... Its loud as shhh!!! I cant wait for some yellows next month!! I need a deep cycle batt!!

I cut my system up yesterday, It hit so hard, the voltage had to recover 4 a split micro second!!!!
Orion 2500d @ .5 ohms.... LOTS OF CURRENT!! pulls ova 200a!

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 631
Sh!t an orion at .5 ohm, you better fukkn believe it, lol . I ordered 50' of 1/0 ga but it all in blue for a discount $1.25/ft. Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Djbeanpole

Naptown, Indiana USA

Post Number: 120
Damn Polo you got some hairy arms! Nice hook up - still gotta get my HO alt on my car... 300A thats a beast! like your arms! lol

Silver Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 634
Hahaha, that funny, legs too! That's what happens when you get old like me and a couple others here (not mentioning names, lol ). Just remember, it is ok to take a set of clippers to you once in a while but to do your legs and arms, JUST AIN'T RIGHT MANNNN, LOL.. Polo.. :-O
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us