CVR10 Sub and amp help

Username: Ehowz

Post Number: 1
if i was to get one kicker CVR10 sub, should i get a 4ohm or a 2ohm sub? also, could i get some amp recommendations?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1776
dual 2 if just 1 sub, then you can have either a 1ohm mono amp or a 2channel bridged on it.

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 126
on a kicker CVR10 ? I dont know if they even have dual 2 ohm. Besides its only a 300 watt sub.

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 661
"I dont know if they even have dual 2 ohm"

WTF louie. what are you talking about. explain to my why they wouldnt have dual 2 ohm??????????? most all subs come in dual 4 ohm and dual 2 ohm, those are the most widely used configs. of course they have dual 2 ohm subs! i actually think they only come in dual 2 ohm and dual 4 ohm, so make sure you know wat your talking about before you post.

"Besides its only a 300 watt sub"

watts dont matter. more watts doesnt mean better sub or louder. some 300 rms subs get louder than 1000 watt.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 662
and evan, it doesnt matter what kind of sub(s) you get. dvc 2 ohm and 4 ohm, it your choice. The only difference between them is that you present a certain load on the amplfier with each one. so find an amp that you would want, and we will tell you what sub to get...

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 289
jjajaja dang bassman you got pissed!

Username: Ehowz

Post Number: 4
thanks for the help, i think i can take it from here.

Silver Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 665
lol. i didnt mean for it to sound mean, honestly. i was just telling him to make sure he knows what hes talking about. so i really wasnt pissed. sry if i came out to sound like that. just gettin the facts straight JULIOB. lol

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 132
hah, was kinda funny.

What I was saying is that, at least from what I've noticed... on smaller, less powerful subs, the more common config. is a 4ohm SVC or 4ohm DVC. Although I do have the older Type R 10" that is 2ohm DVC, and thats only 300RMS.

Either way, your recommendation is for a 1 ohm load @ 300RMS... do you really think this is the best config when looking for a matching amp? I would say the 4ohm DVC would be better.

What 1ohm mono amp do you recommend thats 300RMS? Thats WTF I'm talking about.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us