Amp/sub install with factory radio

Username: Whsfball

Post Number: 1
Hey, i own a Dodge Dakota and I am planning on installing an Alpine 12" type R sub with a 600W mono amp of some kind. I'm trying to keep the cost down, so I will be making the box by myself. Is it possible to complete the setup with the factory radio? If so, will i require any type of special equipement, and will it be difficult? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am not an expert, but i have patience and think i can install myself. THANKS!

Silver Member
Username: Nypdlapd

Post Number: 155
what year?

Post Number: 2

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
yea but u need to get a LOC

Silver Member

Post Number: 159
line output converter

Post Number: 3
what does that do

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Converts car stereo speaker outputs to RCA outputs so that either an external 2 or 4 channel amplifier can be added to a car audio system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
Converts car stereo speaker outputs to RCA outputs so that either an external 2 or 4 channel amplifier can be added to a car audio system.

Hope this helps

Bronze Member
Username: Sleepyvw

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 32
can someone recommend a pretty reliable LOC, I am thinking about going this same route to save some money also.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 474
so are you saying you cant add a mono amp?? cuz that was the whole idea of what this guy wanted. plus, i would also like to know.

Silver Member
Username: Themax96se

USA

Post Number: 130
I've also heard these called Hi-Low adapters. Is this correct? I don't know why he said its only for 2/4 channel though. The adapter should allow you to convert speaker signal to RCA's to use for any amp.

Post Number: 4
can anyone answer this??? also, do you need a seperate bass control knob to control the sub? HELP!!!

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1110
you can control the bass on your stereo, but if you can get a bass knob, get one. i think that when u turn up the bass on the stereo, it goes to all the speakers and subs, whcih is not good

so try to get a bass knob, or even a new head unit.

you can get head units for cheap and they will make your speakers sound alot better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us