Need help with my system.

Username: W0ntonjai

Post Number: 1
HI i am having problems with mt MTX Thunder 342 amp hooked up to a 12" Xplod sub. the amp is connected using a 4ga power ofc cable straight to the battery with a 60 amp stinger fuse. The amp constantly turns off after about 5 minute intervals and turns back on . could it be overcurrent, over heating. the amps problem, the wiring, how cani fix this? thank you

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 284
RMS on amp and subs

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1522
sounds like you either have the impedance too low. check how the sub is wired. or 4awg might not be big enough...idk the output on that amp, but a cony Xplode can't take that much power so i doubt its that. maby gains are set too high.

Post Number: 3
the Rms on the sub is 350 watts. and the amp is MTX Thunder 342 85W x 2 Channel Amplifier 340 watts RMS

Post Number: 4
i might be changing my amp to a hifonics ZX6000 zeus series runniong at 600 rms at 4ohm bridged, but that hoping that it may fix my problem, but i doubt it.

Post Number: 5
the sub was bridged. the power is connected straight tot he battery, the ground is on a metal that is a part of the chasis, i didnt sand it off but there was no paint and it was clean. My car is a 1999 Honda CRV if that helps. What am i supposed to be looking for specifically. I tried setting the frequencies and the gains to lowest highest all medium , yet the same outcome. Any more sugestions?

Post Number: 6
ne more thing it lasts the longest after it has been cooled overnight or atelast a few hours.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us